• Every once in a while

24 28.57%
  • This one time...

30 35.71%
  • Never

24 28.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Years ago I started a pretty good thread about a Corvette doing 160 on 696....lemme see if I can find it or not.
    I recall those speeds and that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    No matter HOW fast I drive the Davison, I always get caught at that light on Linwood by the KFC.
    Thought it was just me!

Default My 65 Comet

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Ronjm23, I got a 65 Mercury Comet, It sounds like you had it built the right way. Mine pretty much topped out at 75 with the six. Good thing to know that when I get a V8 IN THAT CAR, I might be able to keep up with traffic and hit the Century mark.
    Mine was a 289 cubic inch V8. The original carb was replaced with a Holly 650 cfm 4 bbl. The camshaft & lifters were purchased from Carol Shelby for use on his Cobras. Weak link was the tranny & shifter. After blowing one Borg Warner T10 tranny because of the shifter I installed a Hurst after market. BIG improvement. Car would wind & pull to 8000 - 9000 RPM and strong all the way. I still wasn't happy with it because it didn't develope all the HP until it was up in RPM's. I bought a 1968 Buick GS 400 the next year. Now that car had torque and could fry tires. Wish I had it now.
    Last edited by Ronjm23; December-02-10 at 03:03 PM.

Well, my dad got a Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo up to maybe 150 or 155 on the Chrysler Proving Grounds track at Chelsea...as I was a terrified 10 year old at the time in the passenger seat. That car seemed to hug the track and didn't shake one bit. The Stealth was a very underrated vehicle for its time.

I once flew my f18 over I-94 at one and a half times the speed of sound, grazed a church steeple near Southfield. It scared the shit out of me. I promised myself I wouldnt do it again. But I'm not sure I can keep this promise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3