I'd like Rick Snyder, if he's truly committed to an improved small business environment in Michigan, to abolish the MLCC. The MLCC is a huge, monolithic bureaucracy, established during a long-ago era to serve long-ago needs. The MLCC answers to no one but itself - not even state legislators. They may call upon the MLCC on a citizen's behalf, but aren't likely to ever intervene for fear of upsetting the MLCC and it's employees. MLCC hearings are attended by state lawyers and defendent's lawyers, oft times costing small businesses huge fees. They have their own set of rules and laws that don't apply in other courts in Michigan, so you're almost required to have legal representation, even for minor matters. Why not give a portion of MLCC's budget to local courts to hold their own hearings, say in district courts? Why have early 19th century style control over the sales and distribution of alcohol? Why not buy from an array of retailers and distributors, say the corner store and liquor outlets, much like Illinois? The present day MLCC is a huge income generator for the state. Not that that's completely bad. But they have unquestioned ability to regulate and fine. That is certainly not good. I've suggested that the State of Michigan appoint each licensee an advocate during the application and hearings process to assure fairness and accuracy. Give me your opinions, educated, legal, or not, to help me figure this out. Maybe even a severely down-sized MLCC would work better. Thanks.