Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Your math is wrong. The total federal deficit for the last eight years is around $4.3 trillion dollars. So, cutting a trillion dollars of war out of that, we'd still be in the hole $3.2 trillion for that time span [[not including the ~$6 trillion in debt from before.)

Even if you removed the military budget completely, the government is spending money it doesn't have. In the next few years the running social security surplus will be gone, and all the IOU's the fed has been stuffing in the "Lock Box" will come due, significantly compounding the problem.
    I think you missed my point. Perhaps you should go back and read the the first post which started this thread. I am not doing any adding or subtracting. My point is simple. If you are going to bitch about unemployment benefits then bitch about the wars which have cost this country 1.1 trillion dollars. You have people whining about unemployment benefits yet you or I have yet to receive a check for 9 years of fighting dudes in the desert. Where is the outrage over that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Sorry, when it comes to 2 + 2 for politicians and their devotees [[corporations and self-loathing voters), it doesn't equal 4. I just heard a republicrat politician on the radio say the republicrats were 100% behind, in the senate and the house, some tax cuts bill. He also threw in that some demicans were in the republicrat's camp. My first thought: 100%????? What real political party, other than in a totalitarian state, ever has 100% on any bill so important? If the voters in our country can't see through this crap, they're in for a tortuous 2 years in our our truly idiocratic country.
    They can't see through this crap. That is why is always occurring over and over.

Maybe we could borrow some money off these chumps , these are just November sales . Keep in mind that they put 770,000 cars in our market , while allowing just over 6,000 of our cars in their market . Also keep in mind this is only 1 product , 1 country . Are we our own worst enemy allowing unfair trade balances . Why aren't they taking about this subject in Washington ? I guess they would rather argue about an extension . This is kinda like treating the symptom and not the illness .

Hyundai, Kia lead South Korean automaker sales gains
    Hyundai Motor Co. and Kia Motors Corp., South Korea's two largest automakers, led a 17th straight gain in monthly global sales in November as new models helped boost sales outside of the country.
    Hyundai sold 314,569 vehicles last month, 1.4 percent more than a year earlier, the Seoul-based carmaker said in a statement to the Korea Exchange. Sales outside South Korea rose 5.5 percent, while sales at home fell 13 percent partly because a strike at a plant in Ulsan, southeast of Seoul, reduced deliveries to dealers. Kia, an affiliate of Hyundai, boosted sales 33 percent to 222,116 units.

Industrywide sales for the country's five automakers, which also include Ssangyong Motor Co., GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. and Renault Samsung Motors Co., increased 14 percent to 633,758 vehicles in November. Domestic sales fell 3.4 percent, while overseas sales grew 20 percent.

"Sales outside of South Korea remained brisk, helping offset slow growth rate at home," said Park In Woo, a Seoul- based analyst at LIG Investment & Securities Co. He said demand in the U.S., China and Russia will help increase sales next year.
    Hyundai rose 3.8 percent to close at 179,000 won in Seoul trading today, while Kia gained 3.2 percent to 50,500 won. The benchmark Kospi index rose 1.3 percent.
    Production at Hyundai's plant in Ulsan has been halted since Nov. 15 when temporary workers began a sit-in protest demanding they be made permanent employees. The strike had delayed the production of 20,018 vehicles worth 220 billion won [[$191 million) as of early today, the company said in a separate e-mailed statement. Hyundai may consider shutting down the plant if the temporary workers continue the strike [[poor basturds), Vice President Kang Ho Don said in the statement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3