http://www.freep.com/article/2010112...hooting-sought

This has made national news. Another person was murdered at 8/Kelly "Eastland Mall" in September. This is more than troubling, and not on a city/suburb basis [[I work downtown and love seeing/hearing about progress there, but there is zero perspective form anyone living in its population of 6,000 and using this as some sort of "nah nah nah nah nah" about the suburbs). The crime in this area is where the populations are, and the gangs taking to Eastland are ensuring that this hanging on, but utilized, shopping district, is next to go. From what I've gotten talking to others closer to the mall here, the shootings are numerous and not really publicized because it only makes news when someone gets hit. Macy's, I believe, is now going to be gone, as folks like myself who bring their kids [[in daylight) to this mall and this center will no longer, and I've already decided that the Target and Lowe's less than a mile from my house will be "second string", or strictly on an urgant basis to others further north. I have noticed, and assumed as a cost-cutting measure, that the once very visible security at Eastland has been hard to find the last couple of years. Despite some myths to the contrary, I have found these far east side areas of Harper Woods, SCS and the Pointes to be far more supportive of the City of Detroit than the Woodward Corridor suburbs where I've also lived.