Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Nom, nom, nom....Hear that? That's me eating my words...My statements were taken out of context, obviously. I have and never will endorse arson...
    If you are quoted word for word, including the full context of your post, then, by definition, you were not quoted out of context. You were, in fact, quoted in context.

I work daily with demo plans...all I said is that is saves us paperwork...and I meant that sarcastically.
    If you indeed worked daily with demo plans, you would know that the fact a certain building was torched has no bearing on the amount of paperwork involved with a proper demolition. Permits still have to be pulled. Utilities still have to be capped. Asbestos and other hazardous materials still have to dealt with appropriately.

At least, that's the case when a demolition is done by the book. In the case of the Luben, that clearly did not happen.

Well Eastown was also partly bulldozed both times it burned, arent there special rules for "emergency" demolitions ? Like....no rules ?

Was the front of the building in any immediate danger of falling into the street by any chance? Maybe that's why the demo crew was there so quick.

No danger of anything falling on the street imo. Set too far back. Not an engineer, but the front and back of the facade looked pretty beefy even after the fire. I mean - it was a huge block castle - it did have some extra strength due to the Romanesque design.

Di [[shes trying to register to participate, but is having trouble) sent me a photo from Tony Detroit who lives in Carlton - he got a snapshot of the actual tax forfeiture notice posted on the property a few weeks ago. I saw another the day of the fire on the vacant lot just west of the Prince Hall house.

the plot thickens.

Default The Luben

The Luben was built in 1901 and designed by E. W. Gregory. The building's facade was Casota limestone. Its destruction is another disheartening loss.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4