Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It is a good time to poke at the cons, [[as they enjoy the testicles bouncing on their heads) but to keep this real, read this column by Bob Herbert of the NYTimes. For those who don't like to read, Herbert points out the corporate class fucked up, got bailed out with our dollars, yet continues to push us while they reap the benefits. On the top, record profits. On the street level, record foreclosures and job loss.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/27/op...?_r=2&emc=eta1

DC48080 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    It is a good time to poke at the cons, [[as they enjoy the testicles bouncing on their heads)
    What an absolutely vulgar thing to say. Sadly, it is typical for you and truly shows what a crass individual you are.

I really feel sorry for you that you are unable to communicate without using crude sexual inferences.

There's plenty of blame to go around...yes, the banking institutions and mortgage companies were very greedy. But I also blame the following:

1.The government...for passing the laws that allowed their greed to become law

2. The mortgage adjusters who allowed people to obtain mortgages beyond their capability of paying back.

3. The people who obtained these huge mortgages. banking on overtime pay and two incomes to make the payments, then couldn't because they lost the overtime or a job.

I agree that integrity has pretty much gone out the window for a lot of people. Yes, there are reasons for it, but the one thing I have that no one can take away from me is my integrity. We lost a house to foreclosure through no fault of our own. A family member who was renting it from us stopped making the rent payments. We couldn't make the payments without the rent. The renter destroyed the house on the way out because we evicted them. But...we fixed up the house, at great personal expense, kept the utilities on and made the payments on them, kept the grass cut and hired a great real estate agent who worked with us to get a short sale approved.

Yes, the mortgage company had to eat some of the money...but we got better than 50% in the short sale because we worked very hard to keep it up and make it sellable.

You can be a good citizen, even in hard times.
    Last edited by Blueidone; November-27-10 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    What an absolutely vulgar thing to say. Sadly, it is typical for you and truly shows what a crass individual you are.
    Oh, I dunno, DC. ORF is a good writer, and this forum is not exactly the London Times. One relaxes one's writing when in an informal mode....and it's usually more interesting than stiff prose.

ORF is left wing, I'm right wing. But I enjoy her views and her sharp tongue.

[[thank you, Ray) The problem is, DC wants an America with good taste, and I want an America that tastes good. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by woodwardboy View Post
    screw the banks!
    That's right! Screw the banks! They won't ever have to pay the price anyway, the taxpayers will bail them out...oh wait...

I know that every time you, Oldredfordette, type out "teabagger" you smirk and laugh uncontrollably and think you're so witty. But you should know that referring to a group of people by using a vulgar nickname for a sex act is the provenance of the uneducated and ignorant. In short, it is childish and shows great immaturity.
    This coming from the person who keeps posting this comment on the forum....

"But you won't need parking as long as the magic Woodward choo-choo train stops right out front."
    Last edited by Gistok; November-27-10 at 03:25 PM.

gdogslim Guest

Everyone should stop paying their mortgage.
    That would be the best thing that ever happened to Detoroit.
    No lender would ever lend to anyone and homes would be so cheap then any crackhead on welfare could afford a 1000 house with government cash.

woodwardboy Guest

I'd say land for everyone!
    This is what made America great. Free land

DC48080 Guest

There is no free lunch, kid. You have to pay for what you have. Period.

woodwardboy Guest

So the railroads get to keep their free land? What about the banks keeping billions of dollars the government gave to them to loan out?
    I see lots of free lunches out their for large corporations but nothing not even crumbs for the little guy.

What's wrong with a new, modern homestead program?

gdogslim Guest

How about free labor

What this region does not need is more abandoned houses. Kid.

And the radical screeming libtards love to scheme a way to get
    something for nothing and make other people pay for it.
    The Mortgage Bankers Assoc. "strategic default" presented by The Daily Show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...ategic-default

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    The Mortgage Bankers Assoc. "strategic default" presented by The Daily Show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/th...ategic-default
    Like I've always said, when a business or bank does it, it's a "strategic default." When a homeowner does it, it's "they're not living up to their moral obligation."

It's amazing how we have a different set of standards for different types of people...

Unless you're a bank or a corporation...

Uh, if you borrowed the money, pay it back. An error or omission on their part does not absolve you of the legal [[or moral) responsibility to repay the loan.

Put simply, it is wrong to take advantage of such a situation for personal gain.
    \

Er....
    Isn't that the policy of banks these days? Fuck up your dealings, beg for cash from Johnny and Jill Taxpayer and beef up your salary and profits? The shoe is on the other foot. Time for banks to bend over and recieve an as-kicking.

It wasn't "Free Land." It was Stolen Land. nd it took a whole lot of sweat equity to get it and keep it. I doubt the softies today would be able to get to the land, put up housing and a farm, and keep it five years to prove up on their claim. What's that on my hand, a BLISTER? Waaaah!

I don't think that's true, gaz. If you drive around Detroit and see what people are doing with abandoned properties you'd be a little more optimistic about the muscles in today's citizenry.

And as much as I believe in paying your own way, it gets a little harder to do so every day. The predatory lenders are not worried about the impact on communities, they are too busy rewarding themselves. If you talk to anyone who has tried to work with the banks, you'll know that they would just as soon kick people out of their houses than help. We're in a peculiar situation in this country and hanging your head and slinking away isn't helping a soul. We should behave as the workers did during the Depression. When people were kicked out of their homes, as soon as the sheriff left, the neighbors helped them move back in.

BTW, there will be some actions against Chase Bank in the coming weeks. Deal with your people, one way or another.

It's called a business decision. Nothing personal here. If there is a way to reduce costs legally then do it. Corporations do it all day long and so should individuals.

Keep your money, screw the banks!
    Right ON! They'll do it to you every time. Turn the screws.

You're about 150 years too late for that. Even Alaska is closed to homesteading now.
    http://www.motherearthnews.com/Moder...esteading.aspx

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/7-...d-is-free.html

The Homestead Act of 1862 is no longer in effect, but free land is still available out there in the great wide open [[often literally in the great wide open).

I'm curious if your statement applies to corporations, politicians and CEO's?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast