Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    And now, I'm going to post pretty much the same response I did the last time you posted almost the same thing back in August:

Here is a list of bills that John Conyers has sponsored or co-sponsored since the beginning of this year.

http://www.opencongress.org/people/b...yers#sponsored

As you can see from the numbers at the top, he rates in the top eighth of the House in bills sponsored and sponsored bills passed. He's been right in this range since the Democrats retook the House a couple of terms ago.

Additionally, for many decades now he's been one of the most prominent politicians in the country supporting a whole list of policies, such as single-payer universal health care for all Americans, opposing and calling for an end to our military invasions and occupations of countries halfway around the world, and cutting the defense budget in favor of addressing the needs of our actual citizens. These positions are all extremely popular with his constituents, and many people across the country, but have been shunted aside by Congress and the people who run the Democratic party in recent years in pursuit of more corporate-donor-friendly positions.
    Thank you for bringing us back to reality. The criticism of what Conyers reads on his way back and forth to the Capitol is ludicrous, yet unsurprising in our surveillance society... something that Conyers was also against.

Hey, don't knock em for their articles and interviews. Some of the interviews are amazing...

Conyers was actually reading, holding a print product in his hands and reading. We had a president for 8 years who couldn't/wouldn't do that in public [[with the exception of My Pet Goat, and we all know how that turned out).

Thank you, Eastside. Conyers has bad taste in women and questionable taste in magazines, but he's a great legislator and a hero to many people.

I often wonder what would have happened if Conyers became Mayor back in the early 90's. I think he ran against Archer and maybe CY as well.

Instead of reading Playboy it would have been even funnier if he was reading the new Bush book.

gdogslim Guest

I alway used to read Playboy for the jokes and interviews.

Giving a bump to this old thread. I am on a FB political page and none of the JC threads regarding his harassment mention what most Detroiters suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Nice try calling me a racist DetroitPlanner... but anyone with at least 50 posts and half a brain... knows that you calling me out as racist is full of doggie doo... although after re-reading my comment... the part where I said that 100% of his constituency doesn't know what he's done... that WAS a poor choice of words.... let me correct myself to say that I don't think he will leave as much of a legacy as say John Dingell did for Detroit [[and it's not even his district)...
    John Dingell represented a good portion of Detroit's west side from 1955-1964. In those days he lived around the Livernois-Curtis area on Pennington. However, the district boundaries were redrawn and went into effect in 1965. Dingell faced Rep. John Lesinski in a primary for a primarily Dearborn based district and defeated Lesinksi. Both Martha Griffiths and John Conyers ended up representing much of what had been Dingell's district in Detroit.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; December-02-17 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    Giving a bump to this old thread. I am on a FB political page and none of the JC threads regarding his harassment mention what most Detroiters suspect.
    Thanks for the bump. The posts from 2010 could all have been written today [[almost).

If Conyers is, shall we say a little light in the loafers, he might consider coming out. It would ensure his re-election and renewed support from Pelosi and the intelligentsia -- who value identity politics above all.

Me, I never cared whether he liked boys, girls, or 'My Pet Goat'. Doesn't matter to me. I disliked him for his politics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2