Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    This is a city in which the most famous food item is a POS hot dog made up of waste cow parts, topped with a chilli made up of various cow entrails. There is no way Detroit's cuisine could get any worse. In fact attracting a popular national chain might even teach the locals a few tricks about what normal food is like on Earth these days.
    Has this guy in his few posts on DYes EVER said anything nice on this forum???

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Has this guy in his few posts on DYes EVER said anything nice on this forum???
    He's our new resident troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    This is a city in which the most famous food item is a POS hot dog made up of waste cow parts, topped with a chilli made up of various cow entrails. There is no way Detroit's cuisine could get any worse. In fact attracting a popular national chain might even teach the locals a few tricks about what normal food is like on Earth these days.
    So Paddington, when you eat out, where do you go for "normal food"? That is, if your day pass allows time for dining?
    Last edited by detroitbob; November-24-10 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    Not really true. The founders retired out here from-Southfield, i think?, and in the midst of puttering in their kitchen, as retirees are wont to do took up the challenge of opening a restaurant where the entrees were fairly hard to make. I like 'em, you get a nice filling meal for $10. They're always packed on holidays/weekends-tho the stock doesn't move a lot[[their headquarted in Thousand Oaks). I dunno why they're not in Michigan but we've finally got Big Boy's rolling out here after The Carow's Massacre, and they were founded in Glendale, so go figure.

They cite the parents' time in Detroit running a cake shop selling cheesecakes as part of their history on their website, but the restaurant part did start out in LA.

checkraisej Guest

You know what would really help save the city? A House Of Blues. A HOB, somewhere like Ford Field, would be awesome. Put some bathroom attendents in that HOB, and Detroit would be king shit again.

Beggars can't be choosers, no matter the caloric intake.

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    You know what would really help save the city? A House Of Blues. A HOB, somewhere like Ford Field
    Like how IHOP, Fuddrucker's, and Hard Rock helped to save Detroit?

Please, give me a break child!!!

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    You know what would really help save the city? A House Of Blues. A HOB, somewhere like Ford Field, would be awesome. Put some bathroom attendents in that HOB, and Detroit would be king shit again.

"Dr. Detroit" has seen fit to have a House of Blues in Cleveland and not here. We got a Fillmore instead...

I live a block away from the one in the Hancock building in Chicago. I go there maybe once every or every other month. It's good, but it's not like it's a godsend. I just love the architecture and busy atmosphere.

What I don't understand is why people want cheesecake factory over a grand-lux cafe which is more appropriate. Why is that?
    Last edited by wolverine; November-25-10 at 01:17 PM.

The family has only put the Grand Lux in cities that already have lots of Cheesecake Factories established, I believe.....I would take either, but G-L is less well known...

I think any business moving to Detroit would be a good thing. I see the "food police" are in Michigan as well as the west coast. Those 2 books telling everyone what to eat are making the publisher rich. It's a personal choice where to go or what to eat.

And it's not like CF and The Fresh 'N Local Veggie Cafe are fighting over the last remaining restaurant space in Detroit. If you've got a business plan that you can make work, come on down.

Yeah like just someone bake a couple a diff'rent recipes a cheesecake and serve it all up in one of the many spaces available round town and make a buck selling them. Of course you have to work nights to do pastry for the most part but hey, it's possible. And put an x or a hex on chain stores, Just go ahead and do it the old fashioned way.

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Like how IHOP, Fuddrucker's, and Hard Rock helped to save Detroit?

Please, give me a break child!!!
    Did I say IHOP Fuddruckers or Hard Rock would save Detroit? No, I said a House Of Blues would. Put a HOB in Ford Field, put in some bathroom attendants, and Detroit would be saved. Maybe I can make this a little more clear...

IHOP: Not saving Detroit
    Fuddruckers: Not saving Detroit
    Hard Rock: Not saving Detroit
    House Of Blues in Ford Field with bathroom attendants: Will save Detroit.

As for the Cheesecake Factory, these people don't want it:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...50094126145188

I think that the cheese factory would be good in the Detroit's Breakfast House location. If not, put it on Monroe Stree where Mr Pita was

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    No, CF is not needed in Detroit. What is needed is for people to start going to LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants more and less to the chains.
    Amen! Amen!

what does the cheesecake factory serve besides the obvious?
    if Ilitch does acquire the Pistons and/or moves the Redwings to a new stadium, there will probably be some more ancillary developments around..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2