Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

North, thanks for the reference...I had no idea where it came from [[another teacher emailed it to me with no references).

Sumas: I, too, have horrid teacher stories [[as a parent, student, AND a colleague). I just threw this on here to show that what people think we "make" and what we earn and two different things.

To all those who dislike/bash teachers [[and our lucrative salaries...hahaha) just think of any one teacher who made a difference in your life [[I know one teacher had to reach you somewhere, somehow) and say a silent thank you to that person.

To all those who mentioned their appreciation for teachers here: Thank you. Without our kids, we are nothing and we know that [[at least the teachers who really care).

I KNOW you make a big difference in kid's lives....probably moreso than some parents. Thank You!

Stromberg2

I had three teachers that made a hugh difference in my life. I thank each one. They were all very different in philosophy and life views but each did their job/career/advocation so well.

One teacher story to share: We had moved to a new district, my youngest son was a bit shy, large for his age and quite passive. His new teacher [[3rd grade) was a very young man. My son was being bullied badly on the playground. One day my son had enough and beat up the kid who was taunting and harming him. The teacher handled the situation quite well. The bully went crying to the teacher and he said if ****did this to you, you deserved it. End of story. To me, that was a wise young professional.

The kids became friends later in the school year.

Technically, my son should have been expelled for a few days for fighting. The teacher made the right call. The attacks on my son were sneaky and my son did what he did in the open and ended well.

Teachers have to make tough calls all the time that sometimes don't fit protocall [[sp ?).

I love kids but couldn't do your job. Kudos to you. Ask for a raise!