Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Or maybe a few people have simply been keeping up with the news. It wasn't an issue of someone having an axe to grind when the Detroityes forumers went after Kilpatrick, Bates, Conyers and Riddle. So why would you think that is the case now?
    ... when multiple people with fewer than 10 posts "doth protest too much"....

Maybe this will help bring you up to speed....
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...e-you-go-hmmmm........

and if not that... then maybe this....
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-Turkia-Mullin

Something stinks here.... besides the remnants of the MacNamara political machine...
    Last edited by Gistok; October-13-11 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ... when multiple people with fewer than 10 posts "doth protest too much"....

Maybe this will help bring you up to speed....
    http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...-hmmmm........
    You can't get to a thousand posts without hitting 1-9 first. And if you look at this particular thread, there's only one person that's said anything against Ficano that had under ten posts and that was the person that started the thread. Someone saw an issue they wanted to discuss and started a thread. What's the big deal?

I don't want to speak for Gistok, but I think the issue he is having centers around a recent trend here to throw a stinkbomb then walk away without explaination.

If someone has some concrete info on Ficano, lay it out for all to see; this cutesy-pie act is tiresome and juvenile.

The recent spate of Ficano/Mullin haters share the common trait of throwing rocks then hiding their hands. It is boring. State the facts, provide the links, and move on. I'd love to see Ficano roasted over a flaming pit, but without hard evidence one can only assume they are crackpots.

This Duncan phoo, and whatever new ID he has, can prove he isn't a crackpot by clearly laying out evidence, provide links and offer opinion on what is there. The current barbershopping technique is befitting a sniffy little sewing circle and not serious discussion.

Olumba: Officials pushed him to back off request to probe Mullin severance

State representative says request to investigate Mullin's severance met with hostile pressure

Christine MacDonald and Mark Hicks/ The Detroit News

Detroit— State Rep. John Olumba says his colleagues tried to strong-arm him into retracting his request that state Attorney General Bill Schuette investigate the county's severance scandal.

"It leads me to believe there is something that needs to be uncovered," he said Thursday night at a news conference downtown.

Last week, Olumba sent a letter to Schuette urging him to investigate the $200,000 severance payment the county gave Turkia Mullin after she left her post last month to run Detroit Metro Airport.

County and state officials deny pressuring him, but Olumba said state Rep. Jimmy Womack, D-Detroit, came to his home Saturday, saying House leaders, county officials and others wanted him to back off and were compiling a retraction letter for him to sign.

On Tuesday, Olumba said, state House Democratic Leader Richard Hammel and state Rep. Woodrow Stanley gave him a sealed letter on the House floor to sign. They implied if the investigation request went through, "Ficano's office would pull back a check," Olumba said. He said he didn't know what the money was for or who would benefit.

Calls to Hammel and Stanley were not returned Thursday night.

Olumba said he also got a call Friday from Michael Grundy, an assistant Wayne County executive and Ficano appointee, saying "You are in over your head."

Olumba said he turned the letter over to federal authorities Thursday. He said his loyalty lies with taxpayers, finding answers about how their dollars are spent in government and rooting out what could be corruption or improper deals.

"I was elected to defend the people," he said. "I came to do the right thing."

Thanks Gnome... I don't think I could have said it any better... I have no love lost for Ficano... and I haven't a clue about the situation with Mullin...

It's not the message, but the way it was handled. I guess Mikem kind of put it into perspective between "hearsay" and something more substantial.

Mikem... wow... looks like the "stink" just got worse... looks like this is going to be the next political scandal... and it's bursting at the seams.... I give a lot of credit to Olumba... that was a brave move on his part!

Also... for some reason some people think I'm an admin on this forum... wrong!!
    Last edited by Gistok; October-14-11 at 12:35 PM.

I concur. I may have to stop by Honeybee and stock up on some popcorn.

For a poltician who cheated on his wife [[ That I knew many years ago) Im sure he's quite corrupted. I never voted for him.

Gistok, you bring up a bit of weirdness that occured of one of the recent Ficano/Mullin threads. If you recall that Duncan guy called you out as being a Ficano b-tt-kisser. Then a rather criptic message was posted by Admin pointing attention to the "no name-calling" rules on this forum. Then "poof" Duncan disappears ...

Now, I might think Duncan posts like a gossipy old woman, but really is calling someone a b-tt-kisser really that bad? I don't think you were forever harmed by Duncan's baseless charge; moreover, I do not believe this Forum was diminished by those words. In fact, if intent is any basis for judging

I understand our new "Rasputin-free", family-friendly policies; but on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being a flaming car bomb and 1 being Carebear footy pjs, b-tt-kisser is about a 3.

Are we really banning people for a 3?

If Duncan had used that compound word in relation to some rest stop practice between you and Bob Ficano, I'd be the first to throw the yellow flag, but if context means anything Duncan meant nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Duncan View Post
    Is Bob Ficano Corrupt?
    Based on what I've seen, I'd say "probably".

Gotta love how Ficano announces, conducts, and then closes an investigation into shyt HE did, then holds a press conference to declare the case closed. Are people seriously falling for this? Or is there a behind the scenes FBI crackdown coming for him and his dirty cronies? They need to come for them the way they came for the NJ politicians - bring lots of empty buses and handcuffs!

Oh and the two scapegoats who are giving up 30 days suspension without pay [[wink, wink), I bet their Christmas bonuses will be unusually heavy this year, with an Amex gift card ironically equal to....30 days pay!

And why hasn't Turkia paid back the money yet? Doesn't she have it? Or did she funnel it elsewhere? Awfully strange that she has yet to make a payment and has to "make arrangements" instead of just writing a check. Follow the money!

lilpup Guest

With all the on and on over the years about the McNamara machine why would this surprise anyone?

I still can't get over how ridiculous these people were to think they were going to get away with it. You'd have to be stupid and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I still can't get over how ridiculous these people were to think they were going to get away with it. You'd have to be stupid and arrogant.

Shhh, don't tell gnome or gistok. Apparently, everything that's been in the papers and on the news has been fabricated by a few people with axes to grind. It's not real.

But seriously, experience should tell us all that in most cases, the longer the explanation, the bigger the lie. The one lie has already led to the uncovering of other lies. And Ficano and crew have been pulling these stunts for eight years at the County Exec's office. It's just a matter of time before some things get exposed from when he was the Wayne County Sheriff.
    Last edited by kraig; October-15-11 at 08:55 AM.

Ficano is comical at this point. The more he plays dumb the more $hit he has on his face. I hope this leads to him and Turkey packin it up. Don't forget her blatant arrogance when asked if she would give it back. She deposited that money somewhere, is making interest on it and will take her sweet a$$ time paying it back all the while hoPing people will forget. That's when she'll stop paying.

Buy American Guest

Ficano is guilty, no doubt. If he got caught on this one there are many others that need to be looked into. He looks like a deer caught in a car's headlights. I liked him many years ago, but obviously the power has gone to his head. The other day, a black Cadillac Escalade with an official use only plackard was parked right in front of the Wayne County Executive offices downtown....more than likelty, his "official" vehicle. I'm seeing a parallel here....but at least Ficano hasn't thrown out the race card or the God card...not yet, anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    at least Ficano hasn't thrown out the race card or the God card...not yet, anyway!!!
    Or ping-ponged between local baptist churches and the Nation of Islam for sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Or ping-ponged between local baptist churches and the Nation of Islam for sympathy.
    Wait until election time. He'll bounce from the local baptist churches and the catholic church. He's put himself into a position were he may have to actually run for office next time.

Gnome... "der g'scheidere gibt nach"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Gnome... "der g'scheidere gibt nach"...
    Als besiegt ist oft ein vorübergehender Zustand. Aufgeben ist was macht es permanent.

Uneinigkeit ist nicht das Ende der Welt.

Ficano is just a bad a KK, only KK's dirt was more blatant and on a grander scale. He must have been "hittin" Mullin on the down low.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-15-11 at 09:46 PM.

As IF he could get so lucky.

I'm betting she got where she is not by physical encounters, rather she rode the wave of crushes the 'old boys' had on her. Seen it happen too often.

This does NOT infer that she isn't talented and gifted in her own right...but her ego and compliance in this charade that profited her greatly reveals there is more to it.

What a complex dance we humans do...

Had anyone heard that the city of Detroit had found another 200,000 a couple of days ago? I had heard it on one of the radio shows. If so, maybe this scandal with Ficano will force money that was hidden to surface so no one else would be in a scandal

And the money STILL has not been paid back - why? Has it been laundered?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast