I've been a huge fan and supporter of the B-C since it reopened as well as turning others onto it, but no longer. I show my vehicles at Autorama every year so I'm in Detroit for four days and that's the place I like to stay.

Unfortunately this year the price for a three night stay in February crept up to almost $600 so we decided for the show we would try the Fort Shelby which was really nice. I took my girlfriend to Detroit for her birthday this September and a Sunday night at the B-C was $329+ tax, and valet. Almost $400 for one night in the off season in downtown Detroit? Are you kidding me? Luckilly the Fort Shelby had rooms for less than half that price.

Now, its time to start looking for Autorama rooms, the show is Feb 25-27. I decided to give the B-C one more chance and my jaw hit the floor when the price came up, $824 for a 3 night stay! Add valet, tips, etc and we're talking just south of a grand for a three night, off season stay. Forget it, I'm done.

That's almost what I pay for airfare and a nice hotel on the strip for a two person weekender in Vegas, or half of price for the all inclusive trip to Cozumel I just bought. What the Hell are they thinking? Is the recession over in Detroit and everything is cool? Sorry about the rant but this makes me really mad. I don't know who's going to keep the place afloat with prices like that? The price I got was from Expedia and maybe others would have a slightly better deal, who knows? I doubt the others will be much better. Is there any reason on earth for this kind of price hike?