Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    There have been terrorists other than those who fill your stereotypic profile image. Profiling only makes the terrorists choose those who do not fit the profile to carry out their mission.

El Al uses it why shouldn't we?

The great thing about this whole new "system" is that it will finally push the pansy's into okaying profiling.

There have been terrorists other than those who fill your stereotypic profile image. Profiling only makes the terrorists choose those who do not fit the profile to carry out their mission.
    In the last 10 years? The last 10 that lead to the creation of the TSA and these new techniques? has there been ANY terrorist activity on any flight that was not a young-ish male of middle eastern descent? Have any of the others that were foiled been anything other than islamic jihadists?

There is only one group of people trying to blow themselves up and take innocent civilians with them That does not mean certain groups should be rounded up and placed in interment camps. It does however seem incredibly silly to ignore reality and pretend "randomly" searching old women or digging around in my junk is going to stop an attack.

I am impressed that the same people on this website who denounced the Patriot act are not blindly following this policy set under the Obama administration to further deteriorate our limited freedoms.

If these searches were done, exactly as TSA employees are instructed to do them, by anyone other than the Government, it would constitute as sexual assault in any court.

I understand that flying is a choice, and participation of the security measures is also a choice, but....

Right now Terrorists in some cave somewhere are laughing at us as Americans are
    fighting with one another over freedoms we are losing...

ps: That letter looks totally fake by the milf who got the feel-up.
    Looks like email spam to me. Though it was kinda erotic in a naughty way

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    I am impressed that the same people on this website who denounced the Patriot act are not blindly following this policy set under the Obama administration to further deteriorate our limited freedoms.

If these searches were done, exactly as TSA employees are instructed to do them, by anyone other than the Government, it would constitute as sexual assault in any court.

I understand that flying is a choice, and participation of the security measures is also a choice, but....

Right now Terrorists in some cave somewhere are laughing at us as Americans are
    fighting with one another over freedoms we are losing...

ps: That letter looks totally fake by the milf who got the feel-up.
    Looks like email spam to me. Though it was kinda erotic in a naughty way
    Not to really get too political here, but what would the midterms have looked like had Obama repealed the entire patrioit act, closed gitmo, and disbanded the TSA? My guess is those running on a platform to impeach him for treason would have won even larger numbers than the republicans. The country is run by weak minded reactionary wack jobs....and we the people keep electing them.

gdogslim Guest

A T&A sexual predator feels up a three year old. "Is this really what we've come down to in the name of security? TSA agents groping and terrorizing three-year-old girls?"

A youtube video of a tv reporters child being accosted by the tsa and teddy bear taken away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEadUBYyLQ

Big Sis Sez : "The president and I both believe that Gen. Harding has the experience and perspective to make a real difference in carrying out the mission of this agency."
    - I guess their goal is 'Feel First, Ask questions later' is the motto of the TSA.
    - Just the opposite of some countries.

OPT OUT of cancer causing xray machines is right every time.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    A T&A sexual predator feels up a three year old. "Is this really what we've come down to in the name of security? TSA agents groping and terrorizing three-year-old girls?"
    Good point.
    There are no age restrictions on the nude scans.
    What parent would want thier 10 or 12-year-old son or daughter viewed nude by some random TSA employee? Disgusting. The Government should be ashamed.

wow what a great generalization....

"Way to go Libs--you protected the Arabs and now frank from the TSA has a thumb up your ass!!!!!"

Guess those blatant sweeping stereotypes are really helping the world know who really fair and balanced we are. Guess those christian arabs and muslims that fought for our country are feeling warm fuzzies right about now.

Just a few Terrorists who did not fit "profile:"

Abdulmatallab, the Nigerian man who tried to blow up the plane over Detroit,
    Shoe bomber Richard Reid,
    Collen LaRose, Jihad Jane, jihadist recruiter who agreed to help kill a man in Sweden.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; November-16-10 at 11:24 AM.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    wow what a great generalization....

"Way to go Libs--you protected the Arabs and now frank from the TSA has a thumb up your ass!!!!!"

Guess those blatant sweeping stereotypes are really helping the world know who really fair and balanced we are. Guess those christian arabs and muslims that fought for our country are feeling warm fuzzies right about now.
    The whole point about being "anti- profiling" is that it unfairly targets Muslims. So how is my comment a "blatant sweeping sterotype"?

Let's put it another way--If it wasn't for your "feel good warm and fuzzy" stance would Frank from the TSA be feeling your junk?

I don't think so

Good to see that there is something that most can agree on. These new tactics are simply over the line.

Interesting that now, the TSA demands to either see your "junk" or to actually physically get a handful of your "junk." What a system! If this isn't stopped, what's next? They seem to be rolling out new and increasingly more intrusive procedures every year now.
    Last edited by johnsmith; November-16-10 at 12:11 PM.

Default Who on earth are they polling?

Polls: Americans overwhelmingly endorse full body scanners. USA Today

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/p...scans/131415/1

There's an example of a TSA scan on the drudge report website.
    Gross ! It really does leave little to the imagination.

Just a few Terrorists who did not fit "profile:"

Abdulmatallab, the Nigerian man who tried to blow up the plane over Detroit,
    Shoe bomber Richard Reid,
    Collen LaRose, Jihad Jane, jihadist recruiter who agreed to help kill a man in Sweden.
    How did they 'not' fit the profile? Abdulmatallab father reported him to authorities and his name was added to various watch lists. the failing was NOT adding him to the no fly list. He, like reid, should have NEVER BEEN ON THE FLIGHT TO BEGIN WITH.

Reid spent significant time in packistan and afgahnistan...even though he was a brit and had no connections there. and they barely let him on the plane because of his disheveled and erratic behavior. IIRC, he was delayed so long, he was forced to take a later flight. how is rooting around in my drawers going to stop a shoe bomb? How is letting someone fly who is clearly wacky and already under suspicion going to be solved by taking naked pictures?

LaRose was caught how? oh yeah, by monitoring radical social networks [[profiling) and old fashion investigation. not patting her junk at the airport.

This whole thing is all about the appearance of doing something worthwhile. its about as effective as having a "club" on your car. You might stop the opportunist, but the commited individual is going to overcome it. Point in fact, the new tactic of the copier bombs. Which were thwarted, not by junk screening but by good intel assets.
    Last edited by bailey; November-16-10 at 02:01 PM.

Polls: Americans overwhelmingly endorse full body scanners. USA Today

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/p...scans/131415/1
    People at home answering landlines in the middle of the day.
    Not my demographic.

There will be social pressures to use the scanner if people "slow down the line for everyone else" by opting for the pat down when they "have nothing to hide."

If you have "nothing to hide" then why are you wearing clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    If you have "nothing to hide" then why are you wearing clothes?
    Ha ha, perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Ha ha, perfect!
    Nov 24th is national opt out day. There is a pretty funny article going around about wearing a Kilt and going "true Scotsman".
    Last edited by bailey; November-16-10 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Nov 24th is national opt out day. There is a pretty funny article going around about wearing a Kilt and going "true Scotsman".
    How often does a true Scotsman shower? Give the TSA screeners/fondlers/voyeurs a nice heavy olfactory workout while they're doing the groping.

I've heard said, "it's not the TSA screeners fault, don't take it out on them." They willingly chose to work there and feel people up, they chose to be on the front lines, so too f'in bad.
    Last edited by johnsmith; November-16-10 at 02:42 PM. Reason: miss pelled uh nutter wurd

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Blarf, please tell me that my Sarcasm Alert System has malfunctioned, and that begging you to tell us that, with that final statement, you are being facetious is unnecessary and silly.
    I don't know, some people might dig having their nuts felt up by a stranger. I'm sure some creeps will start flying for that very reason.

Flashback! I trained as an EMT in the 80s. We were trained to do a full body search for injuries that included the genital area. To me, that seemed intrusive but what if something were hanging by a thread, I guess we would need to know that. Maybe they should hire EMTs for those intrusive patdowns. At least they should have some legitimacy, being trained to do it for medical reasons. Also, they should be conducted in a private area. And not on children. The risk that some idiot is going to put explosives up their three year old would have to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Also I was wondering if EL AL uses the same technique? Oh that's right they don't have to--they profile.

Way to go Libs--you protected the Arabs and now frank from the TSA has a thumb up your ass!!!!!

So ironic, it's almost sad.
    I guess some of us were asleep between Sept 11, 2001 and Jan.20, 2009.

.... and just how is profiling going to help if some terrorist [[smarter than you obviously) who has blond hair dye and blue eye contact lenses....

"Profiling"... the wonder cure that will fix all our problems.... .... NOT!!
    Last edited by Gistok; November-16-10 at 04:39 PM.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I guess some of us were asleep between Sept 11, 2001 and Jan.20, 2009.

.... and just how is profiling going to help if some terrorist [[smarter than you obviously) who has blond hair dye and blue eye contact lenses....

"Profiling"... the wonder cure that will fix all our problems.... .... NOT!!
    Sorry, I will use the techniques of a country/airline that have been under constant attack for decades before I succumb to some "warm and fuzzy" notion of a liberal screaming "that's not fair!!!"

Once again why are we not using the techniques of El AL?

Crickets...

Someone tried to put a bomb in their shoe, now we have to take our shoes off.
    Someone tried to put a bomb in a printer cartridge, and now those are banned on domestic flights.
    Next, someone will attempt to put a bomb in cell phone, lap top, ipod, or something similar, and they'll then be banned. Then someone will figure out a way to ingest explosives, and TSA will then ban people from flying unless they throw up first.

It seems that TSA is in a chasing its tail mode, or feeling up ours, trying to stay woefully behind. It's time for them to stop enacting procedures that look like they're doing something but aren't, and enact procedures that are actually designed to identify potential problems and people without violating the rights of the 99.9% who are not potential problems.

Buy American Guest

According to CAIR, the TSA’s new “enhanced pat down” policy should be limited to searching only around Muslim women’s head and neck if they are wearing a hijab and that Muslims objecting to the enhanced full-body scans have the right to request the pat-down procedure be done in a private place.

If the government even considers this request by the Muslims then this country is doomed forever. Why should Americans be subjected to pat downs and Muslim women only be patted down by the head and neck?

What a GD outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    At this time of year.... it can get awfully nippy up the Cairngorms...

Anyone ever walk through one of these? So far I have twice in Chicago. What's the big deal? There's private partitions so no one else can see what's going on. The whole process took maybe 10-15 seconds. I didn't get a pat down, but the machines are likely the most effective part of the security check.

I can see where the body pat-down can be a problem, but technology will eventually need to replace this. Humans make mistakes, machines do not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast