Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    I'm sure if she wanted to, she would have. I know she is not shy about writing nor is she shy about expressing her opinion.
    Yes, but these days, I'm pretty busy. Usually people just PM if they want to know something.

There isn't space on DYes to tell the stories. The things I witnessed/overheard/experienced were so frustratingly dysfunctional until I wrote a fictionalized account about it that I tried to publish 7-10 years ago, and failed... agents and publishers kept telling me there was no audience for it, and that the events I described were totally unrealistic. Hindsight is always 20/20... back in 2000, the shenanigans of the Detroit elite were probably really obscure topics for NYC literati. I've thought about polishing the thing and trying again, but it'll have to wait for a while.

You might have an audience now, today with so many blogs and DIY self-publishing options more info is getting out.

Indeed who-da' thought the 'shenanigans of the Detroit elite' would become such a national consumable ala Kilpatrick et al. And now we have this... Yeah, I've heard some stories too. This ain't the NAACP of my parents era.

It'll be interesting to see how Anthony 'damage controls' this further and who comes to his rescue and what they say. All of that will be most 'revealing' as it already has been..........
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Yes, but these days, I'm pretty busy. Usually people just PM if they want to know something.

There isn't space on DYes to tell the stories. The things I witnessed/overheard/experienced were so frustratingly dysfunctional until I wrote a fictionalized account about it that I tried to publish 7-10 years ago, and failed... agents and publishers kept telling me there was no audience for it, and that the events I described were totally unrealistic. Hindsight is always 20/20... back in 2000, the shenanigans of the Detroit elite were probably really obscure topics for NYC literati. I've thought about polishing the thing and trying again, but it'll have to wait for a while.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-15-10 at 04:39 AM.