Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Yes, I have read the DTOGS study but also now having read a recent Q&A with Toni Griffin I really don't care what it says anymore. Contrary to the original post in this thread she has not "named transportation as the most pressing issue." In the Q&A her focus is on the stuff I agree with, not transit [[which doesn't even come up). If only the powers that be will adhere to her advice...

http://www.architectmagazine.com/pla...e-detroit.aspx

btw BOGOTA BOGOTA BOGOTA - lost their tramways over 50 years ago and yet is a thriving metropolitan national capitol city with 7 million residents and bus-based mass transit.

So there.

And I'm outta here. Feel free to bitch among yourselves.
    Lol and yet Bogota is still building a metro...Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Lol and yet Bogota is still building a metro...Bye!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogot%C3%A1_Metro

Very nice example! Bogota shows us that a properly designed and built Bus Rapid Transit system is capable of moving people. Of course, here in Metro Detroit, we have no such thing, nor any short term plans to implement it. So Bogota has rapid transit, moving 1.3 million people per weekday, but not yet any rail-based transit.

I concede that BRT is a viable transit solution, though most cities eventually build some rail transit [[as even Bogota plans to do). Detroit, meanwhile, has neither kind.

lol fine, they're planning on building a subway. At least we’re being realistic and building the cheaper, yet still effective light rail.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    lol fine, they're planning on building a subway. At least we’re being realistic and building the cheaper, yet still effective light rail.
    I think light rail is a very cost effective solution to what has to be the nation's busiest non-rail served corridor. I'm just bitter about Detroit losing it's subways over one vote. I should find the council member's grave and leave death threats on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    I think light rail is a very cost effective solution to what has to be the nation's busiest non-rail served corridor. I'm just bitter about Detroit losing it's subways over one vote. I should find the council member's grave and leave death threats on it.
    HA! I'll join ya! I think if Detroit were to build a subway today it would be three lines: One down Gratiot into downtown up Grand River [[and back), the second down Woodward into downtown down Michigan towards maybe Fairlane Mall [[and back), then a crosstown along Warren. If I had $5 billion...
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; November-18-10 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    It was ONE vote?!! I never knew that. How many ounces of silver was that derelict paid? We should go back and retroactively require those responsible to build us that subway system.

when did this "subway vote" take place in detroit's history?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    when did this "subway vote" take place in detroit's history?
    In 1919.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=7571

See EastsideAl's post #11

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7