Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blue Goose Inn in SCS for some great blues and a varied menu.

Try Sabina's in Melvindale on Oakwood. It's Polish, delicious and very wallet friendly. The soups are great, the Golabki and city chicken are fabulous and the desserts are scrumptious. And it's relatively close to downtown.

How about great Indian/Bangladeshi in Hamtramck? Aladdin's Sweets on Conant is cheap and good-though, no music. And Royal Kabob, on Caniff, has the best Middle Eastern food I've had since La Shish died.

Polish Village Cafe, on Yemans in Hamtramck, 2 dinners 20.00! One glass of wine and a beer, too. You can't beat it.

So Planner, what did you decide to do and was it worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    If you find anything in Westland, do share. My mother-in-law lives there and always wants to go to Texas Roadhouse. It would be nice to find something else for a change.
    Pineland Restaurant on Middlebelt fluctuates but can be very good indeed. Try the chicken shawarma on hummous, or the curry chicken.

Stay home and make this local favorite dish, here is one of Detroits local executive chef's to show you how!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjv1Bw2cx2k...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjv1Bw2cx2k...dded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

^^^^^^^^^^^

the central west side needs more sit down family restaurants..

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    So Planner, what did you decide to do and was it worthwhile?
    I heard he went to McDonalds for the McRib.

Consider Caper's next time [[7 Mile & Gratiot).

Best steak & potato in the city, and the catfish is good too.

He found a place he actually liked in Livonia and decided not to share.

Sorry folks for the delay....I went to Church's on Woodward...just kidding.

We ended up going to Cafe d' Mongo's. Excellent experience, excellent drink and food. The atmosphere is quite different than any other I have experienced and will definitely recommend this to anyone. It really surpassed my expectations. Thanks to BrushStart for the tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2