I ate at the recently opened 1917 American Bistro for the first time Saturday.
The restaurant is located at 19416 Livernois, between 7 and 8 Mile Road.

The food was good.
The place was packed; I waited about ten minutes before being seated for lunch.
The crowd was somewhat racially and socially mixed, mostly Detroiters with suburbanites as well.

Too often restaurants in Detroit with a Metropolitan Detroit are not also supported by the immediate community.
I was happy to find an inviting neighborhood restaurant that fit well into the immediate community that drew a diverse crowd.
Have any of you been there?
Any thoughts on the impact of a solid entry level restaurant on the surrounding 2 miles? I could imagine a steady stream of Ferndale residents [[thus not only Detroiters) dining in there.

Apart from the diversity, 1917 is a great addition to the otherwise spotty restaurant offerings in that part of the city.
1917 doesn't feel like a chain restaurant, Red Robin for instance, and that is a good thing.
I grew up in that area and I don't remember dining in any surrounding restaurant besides Stanley's Chinese at 8 Mile and Woodward.
For instance, I live in Royal Oak [[for the time being) and there is a Pei Wei less than a mile from me. Pei Wei is inexpensive, has great food, and has a relaxed inviting [[although busy) atmosphere. It has been a great resource to the immediate community and passerbys.
McDonalds on the other hand provides a less nutritious meal for a similar price and a mind numbing atmosphere.
How are your communities being served by local restaurants?