Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dabirch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Wow is right.... gee Dabirch... with only 33 posts in the last 2 years... was that condescending attitude really necessary?? Maybe lurking does suit you better....

At least Royce's threads [[while not always my cup of tea either)... make people think and debate. Being a non-golfing eastsider, I had never paid much attention to the dual golf courses at Palmer Park. Well now when people complain that the Grosse Pointes and St. Clair Shores have private parks.... I'll have a Detroit counterpoint to reference to...
    Gistok -

My numbe of posts has nothing to do with my ability to be snarky or to call a bad idea a bad idea. He proposed to make a private golf course a public one and then to make a public one a shopping center.

Well, I propose we make the Ren Cen a homeless shelter. And then turn Belle Isle into a mall.

These suggestions do not deserve to be discussed they are impossible, impractical, illegal, and idiotic. I think every single post on the thread says the same thing in some fashion or another. Maybe not quite as direct as I did - but I don't believe there was one person that said "good idea"...or we should debate this.

It is a private golf course - and unless Lenin is about to take over the Czar's land, I don't think there is any way to make it a "Public" golf course.

Please tell me how this made you think besides thinking "Does he really teach children?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dabirch View Post

Please tell me how this made you think besides thinking "Does he really teach children?"
    Why call something idiotic? And why get personal?

If you don't like the idea, either ignore it or suggest why it wouldn't work.

Shit. If I had 25K or more to piss away for some country club membership, I'd be a lot happier to buy a house full of furniture for some needy family, or a small car for someone really in need, or some such.

Jeez, I'm a damn Communist! Oh, well..........

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Why call something idiotic? And why get personal?

If you don't like the idea, either ignore it or suggest why it wouldn't work.
    The same reason Coleman Young believed in using profanity...

"Swearing is an art form. You can express yourself much more exactly, much more succinctly, with properly used curse words."

Toolbox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dabirch View Post
    Gistok -

My numbe of posts has nothing to do with my ability to be snarky or to call a bad idea a bad idea. He proposed to make a private golf course a public one and then to make a public one a shopping center.

Well, I propose we make the Ren Cen a homeless shelter. And then turn Belle Isle into a mall.

These suggestions do not deserve to be discussed they are impossible, impractical, illegal, and idiotic. I think every single post on the thread says the same thing in some fashion or another. Maybe not quite as direct as I did - but I don't believe there was one person that said "good idea"...or we should debate this.

It is a private golf course - and unless Lenin is about to take over the Czar's land, I don't think there is any way to make it a "Public" golf course.

He is just trying to sell off one of Detroit's jewels to the man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2