Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    Well Kasich got his wish. I didn't think possible I could dislike a governor as much as him before he even takes office. Total .......... If he keeps it up, it's possible my fondness for him could even surpass my fondness for Engler....which would be a tall order.
    http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live...litics&sid=101
    Jerry Brown and Andrew Cuomo are calling John Kasich to thank him for sticking with his talking points. Rule 101: you don't turn down free money.

"Kasich said this week that there are too many unanswered questions about how many people would ride the train, how fast it would go and how much it would cost the state at a time when it is facing a possible $8billion budget shortfall - and that he has his own job-creation agenda to pursue."

We can laugh at this bone-head, but our leadership isn't that far away from him. As goes Oklahio, so goes Michissippi.

I don't have the weed or patience to read through all the other pages, but anyone using a profit argument against mass transit [[gdogslim) might as well also use it against police, fire, highways, etc.

We have no toll roads, and a private corporation owning our main border crossing, and we have poorly maintained roads and a small budget. Coincidence? No.

Take any Poli Sci or Public Policy class and they will tell you that no public transit system ever runs a profit, or even pays for itself. But the quality of life improvements and job creation usually do their part to compensate for the tax dollars.

From the TRU website: http://www.detroittransit.org/cms.php?pageid=26
    "According to US DOT director Norman Mineta, every $1 billion invested in the nations’ transportation infrastructure supports approximately 47,500 jobs."

I'm waiting for Wikileaks to reveal the automobile lobby ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6