Browsing some reels in the microfilm room of Detroit Public Library the other day, a Sept. 1965 paper had a cool ad I printed [[one of these days Im going to stop being a cheapskate, get home net service and a scanner so I can share) and some interesting ads jumped out at me.

Chess Mate Coffee House Livernois at Mcnichols featured Jazz drummer Steve Booker with mop top hair cut.

The Sunliners headlined the GAY HAVEN Supper Club.

Harvey Stone and Nino Palermo were featured at the Capistrano 20600 Plymouth Rd. Al Jolson Jr. was scheduled to make an appearance.

Brass Rail Chop House featured and all star exotic revue.

Metropole Supper Club in Windsor feautured a $2.25 smorgasboard. Marv Welch was there.

The Four Lads were scheduled at the Top Hat Supper Club in Windsor. [[still open)

Last but not very least, naughy boys and girls could go to Blues Unlimited at 11003 Kercheval 2 blks west of St. Jean for Dimples Darling and Baron Lea Orchestra. Some of the ads seemed like they may have been risque considering the time they were printed. Blues unlimited featured two ladies in heels and the big burlesque bikinis. Once I get my employment situated Ill start sharing some of these retro ads....