Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Buy American Guest

Default Will Incentives bring cops, firefighters back to the City?

When Bing played for the Detroit Pistons did he put less of his heart into the game because he didn't live in Detroit? He still owns his home in the suburbs doesn't he? The minute he is out of office, he will leave Detroit behind in a flash.

What possible incentives could entice anyone back into Detroit while the City is in the condition it's in today? Being a cop or firefighter, living in Detroit, wouldn't make a difference in how the thugs and gangbangers run their operations. When I lived in Detroit, we were surrounded by cops and firefighters and when it came to protecting the neighborhoods I still had to call 911. The cops on my block didn't want to get involved because they feared the same things we all feared, retaliation against their families, their homes, their cars. Would Bing allow cops to bring their squad cars home and park them in their driveways to make their presence known? Where are the "stable" neighborhoods?

When Bing was talking to those high school students, did he happen to mention those firefighters who were injured in the Oct. 13th fire? Did he happen to mention that they lived in the suburbs?

It must have really rubbed Bing wrong to visit those injured firemen in the suburbs after they were critically hurt in the Oct. 13th fire. I wonder if they fought that fire any less or put less of their heart into fighting that fire that morning. At least 4 of them will never return to work or a normal life again because of their injuries. Were they any less dedicated to Detroit? Residency didn't make a difference there and it won't make a difference in the Police Department.

Bings attitude explains a lot to me now, I know someone right now who is a totally qualified applicant for the Police Department who is being ignored by the recruiting department. He is not a felon, no traffic infractions, excellent credit, passed all tests; taken the physical agility test no less than 3 times and passed [[they are only good for 6 months), yet not called..why? ...He lives in the suburbs. Detroiters, the clergy, the administration have made their positions well known...we don't want help from the suburbs. There is a code speak here and we all know what it is.
    Last edited by Buy American; November-08-10 at 08:51 AM.