Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    So if they develop the corner and expand the grassy knoll, where will everyone park?
    I'm sure they'll figure that out when GPF decides what they're going to do with the entire site.

I went to the old Kroger at Mack/Moross today a half hour before closing for good. I had never seen it that busy! I was glad that my favorite cashiers are going up the road to the Mack near Vernier store... which is where I'll likely shop.

I had shopped at Kroger today. It is nice so far. Very modern with a slight industrial flair with rafters in the ceiling. I would be glad when the former Farmer Jacks building open by another grocery chain. That building is bigger than the new Kroger building. However, I think this new Kroger is much larger than the former one but has limited parking

The GUM department store in Moscow beat the construction time of the Kroger in GP as per Pravada.

Finally made it to the new Kroger.

Nothin' too special about the place, most of my critique is negative.

Aisles too narrow.

Big jumble of things just inside a too-narrow main door.

Lighting just horrible, especially in the wine section. Feels like you're under interrogation with two spotlights glaring down.

Only THREE brands of hot sauces, none of them special. They had Durkees, Franks, and a home brand. Period. What a joke. It's not a party unless Melinda is in the house...even better when she's XXXX.

Micro brew beers are dominated by anything they can get from Bell's so far...but at least they made a SIGN and section for them!

They didn't have my 2.5 gallon boxes of distilled water. Silly.

Basically, we went with a very short list of needs, and this new store couldn't fulfill any of them correctly.

Did I say the aisles were too narrow?! They need to all be ONE WAY, and there will be no troubles. The entire store needs to be set up for unidirectional traffic flow.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Finally made it to the new Kroger.

Nothin' too special about the place, most of my critique is negative.

Aisles too narrow.

Big jumble of things just inside a too-narrow main door.

Lighting just horrible, especially in the wine section. Feels like you're under interrogation with two spotlights glaring down.

Only THREE brands of hot sauces, none of them special. They had Durkees, Franks, and a home brand. Period. What a joke. It's not a party unless Melinda is in the house...even better when she's XXXX.

Micro brew beers are dominated by anything they can get from Bell's so far...but at least they made a SIGN and section for them!

They didn't have my 2.5 gallon boxes of distilled water. Silly.

Basically, we went with a very short list of needs, and this new store couldn't fulfill any of them correctly.

Did I say the aisles were too narrow?! They need to all be ONE WAY, and there will be no troubles. The entire store needs to be set up for unidirectional traffic flow.

Cheers
    The isles, while narrow, definitely an improvement over before. I think the main problem is they didn't have the money to do what was origianlly proposed. Originally it was going to be two stories.

I found the stupid micro sized checkout counters to be weird. I mean they are like trader joe's sized almost. kind of a pain in the ass.

The thing that I found to be most annoying was that you can not exit the front with a cart. If you park on Kercheval the only door on the street side is a revolving door that is not large enough for carts. Just seems odd to me to do that.

I went to the new Kroger last Wednesday.

I agree with everyone else. It was ok, but nothing special. The store was too tight for my liking.

I still prefer the seclued Kroger [[I'm not going to say where, I want it to remain secluded).

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I went to the new Kroger last Wednesday.

I agree with everyone else. It was ok, but nothing special. The store was too tight for my liking.

I still prefer the seclued Kroger [[I'm not going to say where, I want it to remain secluded).
    Marter Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Marter Rd.?
    Maybe, maybe not.

What I will say is this secluded location is always empty [[unusual for a Metro Detroit Kroger).
    Last edited by 313WX; November-24-10 at 08:52 PM.

Our group dropped in after the GP parade this morning, and happened upon the manager just inside the front door.

The four of us were gut-laughing at the signs they have in the revolving door warning that carts cannot go through them...because those who are MOST likely to attempt forcing 'em through probably either won't take the time to read the sign, or they might not be able to. They obviously already have a spacial perspective problem!

The fellow said their aisles are six inches WIDER than one other nearby store...and when I suggested making them One Way, he seemed genuinely stumped. He asked how they could do that...and when my immediate reply was to put down big arrows, he finally grinned as I emphatically pointed to the floor.

Oddly, he said his likely customers wouldn't obey the signs, and I disagreed with him...of any place in the metro area, those in GP are MORE likely to follow the law. Right?! LOL

When he learned about the troubles with the lack of depth in the hot sauce department, he got right on it. They will have more next week.

Those interrogation lights in the wine section will be adjusted soon.

I could look at a damn blueprint and identify the traffic-flow trouble spots. The security video of the cash register/back door area will show that there is way more congestion than need be.

Everyone we've talked with hates it already...which means after the novelty wears off and everyone gets to experience it, it will likely be less busy and easier to shop at.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3