Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That would be excellent to have a federeal patent office here, particularly if it were a downtown location. Even more so if it would be located in a renovated abandoned downtown building. I agree Oldredforette, any government jobs coming to town is good. They are stable, recession-resitant [[if not recession proof) jobs that once they arrive seldom leave. If the government thinks that Detroit has something to offer and wants to locate here then please please please locate here IMO. We need to diversify our economy and wouldn't it be nice if we saw a few more non-manufacturing jobs come to town attracted by our manufacturing employment base? And I especially like the idea of bringing Labor Dept. jobs here. Of course that's not part of the federal plan but it maks a lot of sense. We don't have an abundance of federal jobs in the Detroit area, I think we deserve a few more.

You folks are SO programmed.

I am not paranoid about anything.
    Do you HAVE to be paranoid to oppose the expansion of Federal Government? I am for HOME RULE, and against the continual destruction of our Federal Constitution.

To view my words as an indication of paranoia PROVES that you folks cannot think for yourselves, and simply go to the programming you've allowed to taint your logic flow. In most cases, it has been totally annihilated. I feel sorry for those of you who cannot think for yourselves.

I am watching the expansion of the Internal Revenue Service into this new and illegal Health Insurance cash-grab very closely. It is anti-Constitutional, and anti-Democratic...and to me well beyond the scope and intent written by our founding daddies so many years ago.

I have no troubles with the Patent Office, except that the whole process and even CONCEPT of patents is ancient and largely unenforceable by the patent holders without paying expensive legal costs.

With the speed of technology development, and economy crossing international borders...our patents have little bite when someone in China or elsewhere chooses to ignore them. Yeah, there are mechanisms in place, but unless you are a large corporation with infinitely deep pockets, a patent is worth exactly the paper it is printed upon. [[and the process WAY TOO SLOW to work in today's Future Shock technology velocity!)

As for Treasury, I have no opinion. It is only the clamoring for Federal jobs being a savior of the city that I call out as a silly pursuit. We do NOT need expansion of Federal presence in this town...I don't care what everyone says.

And don't get me started on TACOM and the gradual invasion of the Military/Industrial complex here...that is much WORSE than these other issues. MUCH worse.

The concept that any job is as good as another is a HUGE fallacy, and if y'all cannot see it, then it is not worth my efforts educating on it.

As for my awareness of Oldredfordette's worshiping the worker, no matter what, THAT was the basis of the irony of the whole thing! LOL.

Cheers anyways, my day will not be any different because of having to suffer y'all during my breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    ...that once they arrive seldom leave. If the government thinks that Detroit has something to offer and wants to locate here then please please please locate here IMO...
    Exactly.

Once they arrive, they seldom leave.

That is what invaders do.

Mark my words, there will be unintended results from all of this. OR, better stated, results which WE are not being allowed to know at this time.

Cheers, coffee is getting cold. Gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Exactly.

Once they arrive, they seldom leave.

That is what invaders do.

Mark my words, there will be unintended results from all of this. OR, better stated, results which WE are not being allowed to know at this time.

Cheers, coffee is getting cold. Gotta go.
    Sorry man, but you ARE paranoid :P

No.

I am VERY far from that.

You are a shallow and weak-minded individual to not able to see the whole picture.

I feel truly sorry for you.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; November-08-10 at 10:38 AM.

No.

I am VERY far from that.

You are a shallow and weak-minded individual to not be able to see the whole picture.

I feel truly sorry for you.

Sincerely,
    John
    Hehe, you don't even know me. No need for judging me because I called out your obvious paranoia.

You know, there are a lot of delusional people out there

Stop it with this idiocy...are you a psychiatrist or psychologist?!

Can you possibly diagnose with mere words on a public forum?

What is your motivation for continuing this bullshit line of a clear attempt to derail my argument?! It won't work.

Stop it with this idiocy...are you a psychiatrist or psychologist?!

Can you possibly diagnose with mere words on a public forum?

What is your motivation for continuing this bullshit line of a clear attempt to derail my argument?! It won't work.
    People get paranoid every day, it is not a "diagnoses." I am not claiming you are a paranoid schizophrenic.

If I wanted to derail your argument I would actually argue with you, I am just pointing out that your comments sound paranoid. It is that simple, you don't need to be so radical, it is just a forum like you said.

I need be as radical as necessary to make my point.

Jobs are not jobs. Sometimes they carry additional weight, which may or may not be beneficial to the citizenry. I believe what I've said above to be completely true.

I await future confirmation, and if I am found to be wrong will admit it freely...and consider it a learning experience. If you wish to peruse the history of this forum, you may be surprised to find that my so-called bizarre and far-outfield perceptions and analysis is more often right than wrong.

I stand by what I've said. I am aware, and not afraid nor paranoid about anything. Ever.

Cheers, back to your regularly scheduled thread. Federal jobs are not the type of job growth that Detroit needs, and the bulk of them will NOT be beneficial to us in the long term.

Gannon... have you been watching that new "Feds gone amuck" Channel 50 TV Show NIKITA??

Regardless of your conspiracy theories... if folks have to decide between losing their home to foreclosure, or making a "pack with the Devil" [[as you see it)... and getting a job with the federal government... then that's a no-brainer....

It's not as though they'd have to sell their soul or give away their first born....

And your comments about the Chinese ignoring US Patent laws.... a well known fact here... but it's totally irrelevant to whether or not a Patent Office opens in Detroit... but I suppose it would be better if a Patent Office went to Chicago instead, eh??

But do keep one thing in mind... you're preaching to the choir....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2