Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As of 9 am this morning the new screen is operating where the GM logo used to be. However, it was just flashing green and red, no logo.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    As of 9 am this morning the new screen is operating where the GM logo used to be. However, it was just flashing green and red, no logo.
    I think it looked kinda horrid...cant imagine it will look better with words or a logo...its too small and insignificat [[sp?) amid the towers

pictures??

It seems that GM aka Government Motors is like the real-life OCP, the evil corporation from the Robocop movies.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I saw that too. From seeing the corporate logo on a daily basis to a Xanadu light show, I'd almost settle for seeing the old school logo. It might be boring, drab and corporate but it stayed consistent.

We're talking about the one on top of the main tower, right? Because as of right now, from Windsor it sure looks like the plain old blue and white logo that was always there. Not even lit up.

only the side facing downtown [[north)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
    We're talking about the one on top of the main tower, right? Because as of right now, from Windsor it sure looks like the plain old blue and white logo that was always there. Not even lit up.
    Hmmm... maybe from Windsor side it still might be the big blue logo, but looking south [[love that Canada is south of us here!) towards Windsor, it was blinking all sorts of colors. I'm wondering did GM spend a small fortune on a glorified Lite Brite.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    Hmmm... maybe from Windsor side it still might be the big blue logo, but looking south [[love that Canada is south of us here!) towards Windsor, it was blinking all sorts of colors. I'm wondering did GM spend a small fortune on a glorified Lite Brite.
    Well, we'll find out. If there's a creepy looking clown on the board alluvasudden, Lite Brite it is.

Word on the street says that with the IPO, GM is changing their name to Chevrolet.

I don't know if I trust those particular street prophets, however.

Well now it's not even lit up on our side.

One of my sources DID say the cost estimate is high by roughly ten million, though! LOL

Damnit. They know how this is messing with me, too.

And East Detroit, your street prophets must buy their franchises from Danny.

Got THAT much outta 'em.

Can someone take a picture of this so I know what everyone is talking about?
    Is it just a huge TV?
    Thanks everyone

so is it still just flashing red blue and green?

GM should had used the side of building which has the "Quicken Loan Moving Downtown" advertisment on it. I think it is the Barnum building or the Cadillac Towers off Campus Martius. A big LCD screen could had been placed there for a cheaper price for their advertisement and also it could light up Campus Martius at night. Only to be shut down during movie night outdoors and some entertainment

Anything new on the sign? Is it working now that GM has had it's IPO today on the NYSE.

I didn't notice this morning but yesterday afternoon it was blank.

The sign features a bunch of classic GM logos and the current one, switching from black and white to the standard GM blue logo, this time with what looks like a flash or swoosh across some lettering at the bottom. A nice change.

It would be good if GM does advertisements of their electrics cars and other advertisements

Have to hand it to John Portman. Getting paid three times for the same confusing building.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2