Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Well, again... back in my day, something like this would have never happened.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UrmnS60420
    911 calls to the CoD are a littel better but not by much.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTROIT View Post
    I'm with you on blaming the baby boomers! I'm considered what... very late end of Generation X I think.
    Oh, you're one of those slackers.

"Is it just me, or are most old-timers obsessed with three things"

There are plenty of old farts who are obsessed with how much better things were "back then".
    Ray certainly isn't one of them. His stories simply give us, in great detail, a glimpse of how Detroit was once a very functional place. My parents tell some of the same stories, but they are not as good as Ray at narrating the past.

As a Detroit native who caught the tail end of a an era in which the my hometown was both prosperous and beautiful, [[i.e. both a downtown and a neighborhood filled with both pedestrians and thriving businesses), I enjoy hearing any stories of that era that don't begin with the words "things were so much better then".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2