Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Just because he was in a hotel bar with the manager doesn't mean he was drinking there.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Interesting story since Lou Gehrig was a teetotaler. I guess Mickey Mantle, Casey Stengal, etc. were all lying about the deal with hotel bars and it being off limits for the players. I suppose the Lindell Bar/Lindell A.C. being so popular with visiting players was also a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by lester wild View Post
    Wasn't there a Topinka's on 7 mile also [[Country House ), as well as another steakhouse across the street from it. I don't remember the name of that one. This was early 80's.
    John Laffery’s Place for Steaks

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Went there for dinner after Notre Dame's Senior Prom in 1973; the dance was at Lovett Hall. Very elegant night for the times
    Worked across the street at the Boron gas station for a while, first real[[?) job.

Quote Originally Posted by RGK20m3 View Post
    John Laffery’s Place for Steaks
    Always wanted to go to Laffery's but never got there. I feel like I missed something cool

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Always wanted to go to Laffery's but never got there. I feel like I missed something cool
    I ate there many times. It was very good and moderately priced up until the end when their prices went up. It was very good but not at all life changing. I wasn't in the same league as an Ocean Prime or Eddie Merlot. My brother used to compare it to Scotch and Sirloin. I didn't think it was as good. Scotch and Sirloin also had a more varied menu.

Thanks, softail, makes me feel better about missing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I ate there many times. It was very good and moderately priced up until the end when their prices went up. It was very good but not at all life changing. I wasn't in the same league as an Ocean Prime or Eddie Merlot. My brother used to compare it to Scotch and Sirloin. I didn't think it was as good. Scotch and Sirloin also had a more varied menu.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6