Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Blarf Guest

Default Some fine law enforcement folks in Oakland county.

I bet these guys sleep really good at night. Yikes.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010102...it-entrapment?

It think it's funny that Mike Bouchard, a member of the executive branch, is in the game of interpreting the law -- while he breaks it.

Where in the law does it authorize pot dispensaries? The cops did not round up the people in the restaurant nor stop anyone from using there. the only people getting arrested in these cases are the folks selling it to anyone who walks in off the street with somethign that resembles a certification card or growing a warehouse full of pot.
    Last edited by bailey; October-20-10 at 02:18 PM.

Another L. Brooks 'law and order' crusade. This time using decidedly underhanded tactics. But that's the kind of thing that law enforcement does when it goes off on its own self-described 'crusade' over something that few if any citizens are actually complaining about and that is harming no one. All they've really done though is to most likely force a test case, so the last laugh could very well be on them.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Where in the law does it authorize pot dispensaries? The cops did not round up the people in the restaurant nor stop anyone from using there. the only people getting arrested in these cases are the folks selling it to anyone who walks in off the street with somethign that resembles a certification card or growing a warehouse full of pot.
    I don't know, why don't you post the law so we can find out.

And if you read the article, you will see the police were turned down several times for having illegitimate paperwork, then used county computers to create legitimate looking cards, which were approved.

So when you say "only people getting arrested in these cases are the folks selling it to anyone who walks in off the street with somethign that resembles a certification card or growing a warehouse full of pot,"

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post

And if you read the article, you will see the police were turned down several times for having illegitimate paperwork, then used county computers to create legitimate looking cards, which were approved.

So when you say "only people getting arrested in these cases are the folks selling it to anyone who walks in off the street with somethign that resembles a certification card or growing a warehouse full of pot,"
    the law....http://tinyurl.com/283rzvx

Ok...sorry....let me rephrase..."the same people repeatedly coming back with subtly different documents until they finally get one that is close enough for the guy working the counter to have plausible deniability in selling to them." C'mon man, we were all under 21 once, we all know how that little game works.

I'm not against the MMA. Personally I think we should follow California's lead [[or what seems to be the likely result of Prop 19) in legalizing and taxing it. however, due to the state being run primarily by west michigan christianists, what we got was a purposefully vague and extremely poorly thought out law that gives neither protection to those that want to use MM nor much guidance for law enforcement. however, what is clear is there are alot of folks out there looking to turn a quick buck in the intervening chaos and for them I have little sympathy if they get caught up in the mess by being greedy.
    Last edited by bailey; October-20-10 at 03:12 PM.

lincoln8740 Guest

Ok...sorry....let me rephrase..."the same people repeatedly coming back with subtly different documents until they finally get one that is close enough for the guy working the counter to have plausible deniability in selling to them. C'mon man, we were all under 21 once, we all know how that little game works.
    Using your analogy--Isn't the test for being convicted of selling alcohol to an underage person with a fake Id-- whether the person selling the alcohol should have known they were presented with a fake ID ?

It's not a zero sum game correct? I just can't recall too many cases where there was a perfect fake ID involved.

In this situation, the ID cards were perfect and they had the other appropiate paperwork as well.
    Last edited by lincoln8740; October-20-10 at 03:15 PM.

Blarf Guest

Ok...sorry....let me rephrase..."the same people repeatedly coming back with subtly different documents until they finally get one that is close enough for the guy working the counter to have plausible deniability in selling to them." C'mon man, we were all under 21 once, we all know how that little game works.

I'm not against the MMA. Personally I think we should follow California's lead [[or what seems to be the likely result of Prop 19) in legalizing and taxing it. however, due to the state being run primarily by west michigan christianists, what we got was a purposefully vague and extremely poorly thought out law that gives neither protection to those that want to use MM nor much guidance for law enforcement. however, what is clear is there are alot of folks out there looking to turn a quick buck in the intervening chaos and for them I have little sympathy if they get caught up in the mess by being greedy.
    The owner who was interviewed this morning on a radio show gave his side. He said the documents were done so well [[probably considering they were done on a county computer), that there was no way to tell. He also said we should adopt the California method as well, where they can check and verify.

Either way, this is a huge waste of time and money, and the police look like weasels going after sick people, and a place dispensing marijuana to sick people. I would assume there is real crime in Oakland County to worry about, but I live in Macomb county, so I don't know. Can't they use all this time and effort to set up stings for arresting adults trying to meet and have sex with children on the internet or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post

So when you say "only people getting arrested in these cases are the folks selling it to anyone who walks in off the street with somethign that resembles a certification card or growing a warehouse full of pot," you're either full of shit or you didn't read the article.
    Blarf, just in case you haven't been informed. Ignore Bailey and his rants. I learned it just last week. He goes around in circles like a dog chasing its tail.

Bouchard would have made a swell Governor with his SWAT team cowboy mentality. I think he represents the Grand Oil Party perfectly. Up against the wall, Grandma.

9mile&seneca Guest

Imagine the things that could be accomplished if our government devoted as much time energy and money on something important as they do trying to stop people from putting some substance or other into their own bodies. But no, they'd just do something stupid with the money like give morons free housing and food to make more morons. How about everybody just mind their own business and let people just keep all of their paychecks? Imagine....

The police were just doing their jobs, which is busting someone selling drugs. So what's the problem?

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    The police were just doing their jobs, which is busting someone selling drugs. So what's the problem?
    Liquor store owners sells drugs everyday. So do pharmacies. Why aren't they busting them?