Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Yes it was necessary. It's one thing if people are blatably mean but getting upset about someone responding with 'ewwww'. Give me a break.
    Nice jt1. Real nice. I think it was a little more than "ewwww". Drama? No. It would be nice to have a decent discussion without having people spew negative and rude comments at everyone. As the other poster submitted, you prove my point. Not sure why people have to take time out of their day to comment on something they are not interested in. Just move on if you don't like the topic. Makes sense to me!

Yes it was necessary. It's one thing if people are blatably mean but getting upset about someone responding with 'ewwww'. Give me a break.
    Do you mean 'blatantly'?

littlebuddy Guest

People are rude for no other reason than they like being rude. Society just dives deeper and deeper into the gutter and the rude people, I am sure, think they are witty and smart and funny. Its not about freedom of speech or anything like that, they just stick their noses in where they are not wanted, becaue they think everyone wants to hear what a stupid moron has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Do you mean 'blatantly'?
    Yes, mistake on my part. See, I come here for discussion and you mean people have to critique my spelling. This just proves the point that people in Detroit and Michigan are a bunch of spelling nazis that want to make me feel bad about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddy View Post
    People are rude for no other reason than they like being rude. Society just dives deeper and deeper into the gutter and the rude people, I am sure, think they are witty and smart and funny. Its not about freedom of speech or anything like that, they just stick their noses in where they are not wanted, becaue they think everyone wants to hear what a stupid moron has to say.
    Wonderful. Here is a summary of your post:

1. You critique people for being rude and diving deeper into the gutter and sticking their noses where they don't belong.
    2. You call people stupid morons.

Good job hypocrite.

A question for you [[if you can hear me way up on your pedestal). Why is it you critique people for being rude but nobody has worried that the OP displayed absolutely no sense of humor. The 'Ewww' comment was a joke. As a society have we gotten so uptight that a joke can result in a tirade of hurt feelings and commentary on society.

Sorry if the 'ewww' comment made me laugh and I though the OP was being a little too sensitive. You may think as a society we have become rude. I think as a society people have lost their sense of humor and feign outrage/offense every chance they can.

Correction - I meant gross, not ewwwww.

So a little commentary: How does this "Hmmm...a white sauce with a unique flavor. Cross-post to "gross."" result in a response of "Kinda sick that you imply anything "gross". I guess there are no normal people with a "real" response. Always wackos out there I guess. It's a shame really. I was trying to bring back a really great memory of a time gone by but everything is about the "shock" factor now. I get it. Thanks!! "

So who is being the rude one?
    My guess would say this is a HFer

I've never been much of a fan of stadium nachos, but I do enjoy reading the information gleaned from this forum. This is such a great place for getting info. As for the snarky responses, they used to bother me, but not anymore. People are under a tremendous amount of stress around here. For me, I have activities such as the gym, riding my mountain bike, etc. that releaves stress. But I realize many are not as fortunate and may use a forum such as this as a stress releaver, sort of like an online 'Fight Club'. So go ahead and let them attack your nachos, its good for them.

Yes, mistake on my part. See, I come here for discussion and you mean people have to critique my spelling. This just proves the point that people in Detroit and Michigan are a bunch of spelling nazis that want to make me feel bad about myself.
    Not really. Just never saw that word before and wondered if I was missing something.

Im pretty sure if I ever ordered stadium Nachos and they showed up w white sauce I would think "ewee...." as I would think of it looking like hot milk to me. Not a fan of creme soups or sauces at all.

That being said. Can we get to work testing these recipes to prove us doubting thomas's wrong? = ) AFter all wasnt THAT the true purpose of this thread?
    Last edited by n7hn; October-22-10 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Not really. Just never saw that word before and wondered if I was missing something.
    Sorry, my post was meant as sarcasm about the OPs original rant in response to 'cross file" gross' I didn't mean to imply you were being a speeling nazi. Just meant it as a little sarcastic humor.

I really don't think I was being too "sensitive". I have a great sense of humor. I was under the impression that posts could be made and we could all get some straight up answers. I have no problem with jokes. Then again, the original post was not titled "Let's have a verbal Fight Club!!!". If that would relieve the obvious stress we all feel living in this area, I think it would be a great subject to submit. No need to attack our fellow Detroiters.

So, I guess the bottom line is, that white nacho cheese sauce with the "unique" and "incredible" flavor isn't home made at all. It actually is some shit that comes out of a big can.

I vote canned, or possibly a big poly bag...... common for supplied soups and such

But i still want some nacho's as I did offer some options, realistic ones

Bearinabox Guest

This thread is hilarious. Stirf, if you're fucking with us, you're doing an absolutely bang-up job.

dont teeze the cheez bro!

I gave you mugs the info, but you rudely ignored that info because you were too busy telling each other how rude you are.

I was never able to get nachos at Tiger Stadium.

The vendors would sell me chips, but when I asked for the topping they refused to give it to me and just said "it's nacho cheese!"

Anytime I went to tiger stadium I was in a Brawl and removed before making it to the nacho stand...... so Understand Im a bit bitter for never having them....

P.S. Hey East detroit, I dont remember getting a MUG
    Last edited by n7hn; October-23-10 at 07:22 PM.

Heres the recipe:
    Ingredients: cheese whey, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, modified food starch, cheese [cheddar cheese and blue cheese [[cultured milk, salt and enzymes)], jalapeno puree, salt, sodium phosphate, maltodextrins, vinegar, monosodium glutamate, natural flavors, mono & diglycerides, sodium stearoyl lactylate, color added [[includes FD&C Yellow 5 and FD&C Yellow 6), lactic and citric acids

Knock yourself out!

What a bunch of Freakin' Morons!

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    I gave you mugs the info, but you rudely ignored that info because you were too busy telling each other how rude you are.
    East Detroit.
    I apologize for not giving you props. I appreciated the reply and I looked it up. I thought I had left you a message that you were spot on. Kinda funny how a small request for information changed into a battle. Seems like people look and comment on things that they really have no interest in other than to "just comment". Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

DetroitDad Guest

For those of us who never got to try the epic sauce, please be sure to bring it to the next Annual DetroitYES Memorial Day Picnic. I'll bring the nachos!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2