Does anyone of this forum grew up and went to the Detroit's Northwest side just to hang out with your friends and family? What Street did you all live? How was your NW Detroit look like back in you day? How does the Detroit Public Buildings look like back in your days. Did you all good times or bad times? If Detroit was beautiful booming city today, will you all stay? Any thoughts.

I will start off that I have grew up in at 16210 Lawton St. north of Puritan St. east of Livernois St. to the border to Highland Park, MI. from 1977 to 1985. My sub-division was Martin Park, next to Pilgrim Village, University Homes and Palmer Park. University of Detroit Mercy was just 5 blocks away. I can hear the chimes of the old Uof D Clock Tower ringing every hour. I'm not that far for my Aunt Shirley's House who lived on the next block. I used to go her house and spend a night and play with my older cousins. There used to be resturants, barber shops party good stores and supermarkets in every corner. There's even a Jewish Synagogue called Temple Israel on the 17400 Manderson St. near Pontchartrain. My mom and I used to go the Avenue of Fashion on Livernois W. 7 Mile Rd. to buy and goodies. My dad and my Cousins used to take me to Palmer Park to play. I have a lot of found memories there and in my old neighborhood. Later when I return to my old block some of them homes are still in tact and while the rest like Pilgrim Village is turining to crack infested area. Highland Park was WORST all the way to to McNichols where the rich folks of Palmer Park used to live. My Aunt move away, fewer neighbors that I knew either died and moved away. Temple Israel was moved to Farmington Hills and the rest of Palmer Park Apts. became homosexual/drug infested mess. My old school hood was once an 'Garden of Eden' paradise to me and family and friends now a desert of hopelessness. I miss my old home at 16210 Lawton St. I hope someone takes care of it.