Quote Originally Posted by MIRepublic View Post
There is more opposition to the bridge that'll put more truck traffic through Sandwich than the one being proposed here. There is always some kind of opposition to every project of these sizes, but it's disingenuous, at best, to try and pretend that the opposition level to the Brighton Beach bridge is anyway comparable the plan to make Sandwich town and Mexican/Cork towns an even bigger truck parking lot than they already are. Fact is, the public bridge does far less long-term damage to either community than the 'enchanced' Ambassador Bridge crossing. Sorry. You hope the city's paying attention? You are aware that the city and public have already made it known that they are behind this particular proposal, aren't you?

You can stop trolling, BTW. Posting just to get a rise is the definition of trolling. If you've got something constructive to add to this board, that'd be great.

I'm not trolling, I'm informing. One of the reasons that politicians and the residents of Delray should be paying attention is that there is a very significant amount of money being spent on the project. As you can tell from the article, the property is averaging a lot of money per acre. What everyone should note is that, no matter how badly Delray is viewed, for the purposes of this project getting done, the land there is just as valuable as the land in Windsor.

I didn't mention the Ambassador Bridge at all, you're simply trying to deflect the issue. Whether or not there is an expansion, renovation or whatever it's being called this week, has nothing to do with how the people of Delray should be treated. I love and respect all of Southwest Detroit, not just the area that I live in. But you've shown that you have the "not in my backyard but it's okay for your backyard" mentality that has always held this city back.