Enjoyed a hearty down home cooked breakfast [[giant stuffed with vegetables including broccolli omellete) great price, huge portions at 8 mile Pancake House. When I left I decided to take a cruise down Gratiot, when I came up on Houston-Whittier I realized Ive never been down that street so I decided to exlplore. Despite the numerous dilapidated-graffiti riddled houses, the strip seemed to be, for the most part, clean. There were a couple of historical looking apartment buildings, and most of the landscaping on homes, occupied or desolate was up to par.Cafes, party stores and auto-repair shops dotted the street.

At one point I had to do a quick U- turn, to witness what appeared to be a half-assed fist fight, most of the wild punches missing their mark. I scooted back toward Gratiot, glanced down a side street and seen about 7 cop cars in front of a residence, I waved to stop a freindly cop that was headed in the direction of the cop cars and where the fight was, I notified him about the fist fight, turned on Chalmers, then Harper where a working girl, crossing the street flashed me her large breasts lol...lot of excitement in a short period of time.

Anyone have any stories to share about the Houston Whittier area? History...when did the neighborhood change....ethnic groups..was it working or middle class etc...