Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by partyhardy View Post
    Why is George Soros always brought up like he's a bad guy? I'm not voicing my opinion when I ask, I'm just curious.
    Kapo comes to mind.

Then there's that time that he caused the Bank of England to collapse. He made a ton of money on that deal.

Shall I continue?

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    Then there's that time that he caused the Bank of England to collapse. He made a ton of money on that deal.
    So, if he donated to right-wing causes, he would be a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080
    Probably for the same reason that Rupert Murdoch and Fox are brought up in the same manner. George Soros is a billionaire who spends his own money to promote causes and candidates that he supports. It is perfectly fine to do so just as it is perfectly fine for Rupert Murdoch to do the same.
    Sounds good to me, thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by partyhardy View Post
    So, if he donated to right-wing causes, he would be a hero?
    You misunderstand.

I don't have a problem with people who have money.

I do have a problem with HOW those people "earned" their money.

People who work for one of the most evil government's on the planet or make their money literally by betting on whether or not a currency will collapse, should not be admired, I don't care which "side" they support.

When I hear people complain about the "evil" rich, if those same people had really done their homework and learned HOW one of their biggest benefactors earned their money, I can't wonder help wondering if they will stick to the principles or turn a blind eye if there's money coming in?

Reading comprehension is again at an all-time high here on the DetroitYES Forum.

DetroitPole, you've just proven my point with your post [[Here's a hint: Johnson & Benson aren't the only candidates on that ballot).

When you want to grow up and talk with the big people here, feel free to come on back. Jumping to conclusions and putting words into other people's mouths does not help your side.
    Actually DetroitPole [[whom I often disagree with) is spot on in his comments about Republicans not liking easier voter registrations... and would seemingly like to go back to pre 1964 [[Voting Rights Act), all thos nasty poll taxes and landed gentry ways that would work to the Republicans favor.

And yet you comment MCP-001 that it's such an annoyance... to have to wait in front of all those people [[obviously clueless people, right?) who are asked if they want to register to vote.... all for what... the once or twice a year you might actually have to wait in line at a SOS office!!!

Puh-leeezeee don't bother insulting our intelligence over the real meaning of your comments... you just want fewer Democratic voters... nothing more, nothing less...
    Last edited by Gistok; October-22-10 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Actually DetroitPole [[whom I often disagree with) is spot on in his comments about Republicans not liking easier voter registrations... and would seemingly like to go back to pre 1964 [[Voting Rights Act), all thos nasty poll taxes and landed gentry ways that would work to the Republicans favor.

And yet you comment MCP-001 that it's such an annoyance... to have to wait in front of all those people [[obviously clueless people, right?) who are asked if they want to register to vote.... all for what... the once or twice a year you might actually have to wait in line at a SOS office!!!

Puh-leeezeee don't bother insulting our intelligence over the real meaning of your comments... you just want fewer Democratic voters... nothing more, nothing less...
    I'll tell you what, Gistok, before you embarrass yourself any further with your ignorance of US History, I recommend that you crack open a history book, and find out who actually proposed poll taxes and those other items you've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    That is not always the case, as evident in Hamtramck during elections in recent years. When running for office two years ago, I witnessed those shenanigans first hand with poll challengers repeatedly harassed people of certain ethnic backgrounds.
    Assuming that those poll challengers were commenting directly to those voters instead of dealing only with the precinct election workers, what did you and your party's poll challengers do when you witnessed this violation of the election laws?

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Well- if not over-qualified for the job.
    http://www.votebenson.com/
    http://www.publius.org/videolinks/2010/benson.htm

Ms. Benson is hot.. I'd vote for her.. is she single?
    [[and yes, I like her ideas..)

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    Well- if not over-qualified for the job.
    http://www.votebenson.com/
    Take a look at the 2 guys standing behind her to the right. Looks like they are checking her qualifications from the backside.

DetroitPole Guest

You misunderstand.

People who work for one of the most evil government's on the planet or make their money literally by betting on whether or not a currency will collapse, should not be admired, I don't care which "side" they support.

When I hear people complain about the "evil" rich, if those same people had really done their homework and learned HOW one of their biggest benefactors earned their money, I can't wonder help wondering if they will stick to the principles or turn a blind eye if there's money coming in?
    Maybe I missed something, but who works "for one of the most evil government's [sic] on the planet?" Kim Jong-il?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but who works "for one of the most evil government's [sic] on the planet?" Kim Jong-il?
    When you get a chance, read George Soros' bio.

Kim Jong-il has got nothing on who Soros was working for.

I'll tell you what, Gistok, before you embarrass yourself any further with your ignorance of US History, I recommend that you crack open a history book, and find out who actually proposed poll taxes and those other items you've mentioned.
    Sorry but I got my history from my undergrad minor.... not sound bites from Beck and Wikipedia.... did the Bank of England really collapse as they [[you say)??? Or were they more of the Hannity/Beck buzzwords that you parrot??
    Last edited by Gistok; October-27-10 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Sorry but I got my history from my undergrad minor.... not sound bites from Beck and Wikipedia.... did the Bank of England really collapse as they [[you say)??? Or were they more of the Hannity/Beck buzzwords that you parrot??
    Undergrad, huh?

Might want to ask for a refund.

To answer your second point, they said it.

The conservatives, who were in control of the Democratic Party in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Assuming that those poll challengers were commenting directly to those voters instead of dealing only with the precinct election workers, what did you and your party's poll challengers do when you witnessed this violation of the election laws?
    My party? I was running for office myself,[[city council is non-partisan) and was campaigning at the pols that day. I did my civic duty by pointing it out to the authorities.

George Soros' "Secretary of State Project" didn't fare too well on Tuesday.

The SOS Project was backing 7 candidates this year, 4 incumbents and 3 newcomers, including Benson. Only 2 of the incumbents were re-elected [[in MN and CA) and none of the newcomers were elected.

Republican candidates for Secretary of State won 17 of 26 races on Tuesday and now control the office in 25 states. On Tuesday they took six of those offices [[Arkansas, Ohio, New Mexico, Colorado, Iowa and Kansas) from Democrats.

You misunderstand.

So I have to ask why you keep supporting tax cuts for Wall Street traders and financiers while working people struggle and our government runs enormous deficits to prop up the economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    My party? I was running for office myself,[[city council is non-partisan) and was campaigning at the pols that day. I did my civic duty by pointing it out to the authorities.
    Didn't you know that it's all about party?

That's why the big swing. People don't like the economy, so they vote for the party not in majority status. Makes life much simpler when all you have to do is read an R or a D; no research required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2