Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default "Detroit Lives" Detroit debut with Q and A

"Detroit Lives" screener coming to the Burton. Don't sleep on the rsvp if you want to see/talk about it.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2vakvr5

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    "Hipsters growing carrots isn’t enough."

I'll confess to being a big proponent of "art, individual creativity and hyperlocal collectivist action," but that made me laugh out loud.
    It all starts with hipsters, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Don't forget the gays!

Seriously, to repeat myself from some months ago, it's been known to happen that a bunch of fit guys without kids who are confident in their ability to handle themselves in rough parts of town and don't really care about school quality descend upon a neighborhood, gobble up beautiful homes with promise for cheap, rehab the schitt out of them, reach critical mass, and gentrify a whole neighborhood. That last part is inadvertent, of course. For more information, see Harlem, NY.

Oh come one, I'm just having fun saying "the gays". You know, "those people?"

Watched all 3 videos and found alot of it cool and some of it dumb.
    Great choice of automobile for cruising Detroit.
    I'm not a huge fan of Johnny Knoxville but he did a nice job on this but he seemed kind of wimpy handling the theater.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Funny as hell. I mean, really funny. You should be a comedian.

Am I the only person who can't STAND the term "critical mass"? I'm also not that fond of the term "walkable" or "creative class" either - even though I'm in that "demographic" [[another term I don't really like) as a university student in my twenties in a liberal arts program... Perhaps I'm the only one...

Good series so far. I'm always glad when local artists get some exposure. This city has always produced incredible art and always will.

Default Johnny Knoxville touring Detroit. Looking for positive signs!!

Nice!! [[With Dutch subtitles.)
    Knoxville is toured around the city to show him the positive signs found in Detroit. Check out the rims of that car!!
    Hahhaa!!!! I must be one of those Dutch assholes!

Mongo's on Griswold, the new plans around MCS, impressive stuff!

Part two and three can be found here.

Part two:
    -Urban exploration of the Easttown theater before it burned. Reminiscing the times when MC5, Iggy and Alice rocked that stage.
    -Motown. Martha Reeves tells her story.
    -Berry Gordy's Mansion.

Part three:
    -Young folks coming back into the city.
    - Urban farming
    -Fisher Body, with a security guard writing down number plates...
    -Criticism about the perception in the media.
    -Russell Industrial.
    -Omnicorp
    -Northend studios
    -Inevitable Heidelberg.

And then there's the bonus footage of Mr Mongo who made a, in retrospect, very bad financial descission of booting Kid Rock, Eminem and Proof from his joint.... Reminds me of Decca showing the door to the Beatles! Hahaha!
    Last edited by Whitehouse; October-17-10 at 05:25 PM.

Whitehouse you are about a month and a half late.

Was I

How did I miss it??

Oh well, water under the bridge. Still can't figure out why we Dutchies were singled out.

Default Detroit Yes Video Palladium Productions

This is part one of a three part video narrated by Johnny Knoxville, whoever that is, on the decay and resurgence of Detroit. It is more hopeful in nature than derogatory.

Part I
    http://www.palladiumboots.co.uk/exploration/detroit

Part II
    http://www.palladiumboots.com/exploration/detroit

Part III
    http://www.palladiumboots.com/exploration/detroit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2