Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

One still standing at Northline and 9th in Wyandotte.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Re: Little Caesar Statues

While not Metro Detroit, it is one of the Detroit satellite cities, and in Michigan. We occassionally go to this one when visiting in-laws up North. Because there are two adjacent one way streets right there, I believe there may be a second sign one block to the North, over on State Street.

Now, am I the only one who can't stand pizza, and American's obsession with them? You might as well compare to Kraft dinners to each other, or two deep fried Twinkies. Anyone who compares two of them clearly has no culinary taste, and has proven that they shouldn't be judging any food, based on what they have already proven, is their own horrible taste....more Cristal Brut 1990 Methuselah to sip with my ooo Almas caviar please .

Sincerely,

Sean_of_Detroit
    Urbane suave DetroitYES poster;
    Smoking one of Gurkha’s premier cigar; His Majesty’s Reserve
    Posting high atop the majestic Leland Hotel in Downtown De Troite.

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    Am I the only one who can't stand those $5 shiite pies? I would rather support my local pizza shop, as most of them offer the same thing but you get a much better pizza. When did Little Ceaser's decide that a square pizza is a deep dish? It is not, I'm sick of their false advertising as well, I guess they think we are all lousy pizza eating morons.....more coffee please!
    [[Post made in jest) .
    Last edited by DetroitDad; October-17-10 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Direction was North, not South.

To attack Littler Caesar's for not being Ray's Original is a loser's argument. I got in an argument with my brother last week as to whether Dino's Pizza was any good. I thought so, we didn't have a Buddy's around-or the budget, frankly. No one here has ever declared why Detroit area's a National Pizza Chain Incubator; Domino's, Little Caesar's, Hungry Howie's, & now Jet's...

mmm...Hot n Now...come and get it!

I'll glady take this over Little Ceasers..

I'll glady take this over Little Ceasers..
    Are you looking for justification, approval or what? We get it already- you don't like their pizza.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Discriminating Tastes

mmm...Hot n Now...come and get it!
    Translated

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Are you looking for justification, approval or what? We get it already- you don't like their pizza.
    He's indirectly saying he's cooler than us, and thinks that those who like Little Caesars have trashy tastes, like squirels eating garbage. Especially me, who ironically happened to be heating up some of yesterdays $5 Hot N' Ready.

Whatever, Ja!mz is off the guest list for my Tweetups and DY picnics.

PS: In Mid Michigan and the Upper Peninsula, Hot N' Ready Pizzas are $5.98.

There is one atop a strip mall store at 17 & Van Dyke. A main road for sure. Remember it since a kid.
    Its kinda funny they use a little Greek guy as a mascot for an Italian inspired food. I guess that little Greek guy is supposed go be Illitch.

Looks like the one at Kelly across from 7 mile is still there.

Big Boy would beat the hell out of Little Caesars.
    The only thing he'd have to worry about is LC's pointy snout.
    You could take an eye out with that thing.

Speaking of BB, I love the talking BB commercials.

I've heard that LC francise operators make 90 cents for every H&R sold. $3.50 for food and packaging and 60 cents for all other costs.
    Last edited by rjk; October-18-10 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    My money is on Little Caeser. He has a spear!

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    The only thing he'd have to worry about is LC's pointy snout.
    You could take an eye out with that thing.
    Well, what about this guy?

There's statue on the LC in Allen Park on Allen Rd by Roosevelt. This location has one of the better $5 pies in my area. IMO it's because they slather on the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Its kinda funny they use a little Greek guy as a mascot for an Italian inspired food. I guess that little Greek guy is supposed go be Illitch.
    Since when was Caesar Greek?

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Yes, the one near Merriman Road and Ann Arbor Trail is still standing on it's own pole! I remember that one as a kid.
    Yikes! He's on a pole??

The calling of Little Caesar statue "Greek" probably has to do with his wardrobe. His toga has a design along the bottom. Although it is not continuous, it is known as the "Greek Key" pattern.

http://www.artlandia.com/wonderland/...eyPattern.html

As in all things Greek, Romans copied this pattern for their mosaic floors [[also found in Greek mosaic floors)... and may have done so for their clothing as well.

Livernois in the University District...kind of obscured by a tree

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...42.67,,0,-3.36

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The calling of Little Caesar statue "Greek" probably has to do with his wardrobe. His toga has a design along the bottom. Although it is not continuous, it is known as the "Greek Key" pattern.

http://www.artlandia.com/wonderland/...eyPattern.html

As in all things Greek, Romans copied this pattern for their mosaic floors [[also found in Greek mosaic floors)... and may have done so for their clothing as well.
    Yes, the Greek key is ubiquitous throughout classical art and architecture. Also, the Romans were not known for their artistic creativity. Most all painting, sculpture, and pottery of the Roman era was copied from the Greeks. But I would expect someone familiar with the Greek key to also be familiar with Caesar. Then again, the caesar salad comes from Tijuana, so who can say?

Way, way off topic . . . sorry.

Yes the toga. Julius Caesar???

Chicago deep dish blows, and the thin crust brick oven style found in NYC and throughout east coast isn't all that great either. If you wanna head west for good pizza without leaving the state try Fricanos Pizza in Grand Haven.

This place is great in a buddy's sort of way, nothing in this gigantic old house turned pizza parlor[[1949) has changed in years.A few things about Fricanos in case your in the Grand Rapids/Grand Haven and want to try it out. a. They only serve Large size Thin Crust pizza's.
    b. They only have 5 toppings to choose from.
    c. Their menu consists of Large pizza's, Beer/Pop, Potato Chips thats it.

I urge you to try it if your in the area and and want to try one of Michigan's earlier Pizza Parlors. Heres a link if interested:

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...41285139911432
    Last edited by Dbest; October-19-10 at 12:34 PM.

There is a chain in Chicago called Homemade Pizza Company. They sell uncooked pizzas that you take home and cook yourself. Eat one of those and you can tell what a difference fresh ingredients makes.

I am a fan of the grocery store take & bake pizzas. Had my first one a couple of years ago at Walmart and now I get one just about every week from Dominicks in Chicago. They are $5.99 on the right Friday [[instead of $20 from HPC) and with fresh ingredients from my fridge it hits the spot.

I worked at Caesars for seven years in high school and college. We used to make dough every morning. I think Caesars, Dominos and Pizza Hut got away from that. They either use dough that was made at the warehouse or they use an already flattened Boboli-style bread that comes in bags. A Hot-N-Ready is items melted on top of half baked bread and less of a crust that's baked into bread from straight up dough. The grocery store take & bake pizzas used to be fresh dough, but in the past year they switched to semi-baked. The only way to get fresh dough take & bake from dominicks is to get one from the deli. The ones shrink wrapped are the newer semi-baked crusts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2