Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Theatre Bizarre

More I consider this, the more peeved I get about it.

Surely there might be a holier-than-thou attitude about this from some in City government [[although the more I consider Kielson's comments, the less I think anyone IN Detroit government understands the meaning of the term 'to govern', at least fairly for all), but I fear it may be race-related and/or provincial-minded.

This is not the first time an endeavor imagined by caucasian folk has been completely annihilated by a city government eager to know [[always) who is involved who 'looks like them'?! Only thing that helps the situation, usually, is the commonly-loved color of green. [[all too often, though, this lucre is passed in the shadows to greasy palms)

There is still a strong undercurrent here...if someone strong in wealth and power comes along [[sorta 'plantation-owner' power)...like ill-Illitch, that moron Maroun, trashy Tony, goofy Gilbert, or that creepy Karmanos...they all lay down like servants and let them do whatever the hell they want. [[Remember these rich and powerful ALL supported our last mayor, to the very disgraceful end of his corrupt career.)

Anyone showing signs of creativity...which to me is the echo of the Maker in each of us...is held in disdain, at the very least. Woe to them if they weren't born with interesting pigmentation...or worse, they dared be born in the suburbs or further. Because the temporary powers-that-be at the helm of this city will NOT allow those of whitebread heritage to climb one step up the economic ladder.

Watch as they gather their lack of wits to destroy Theater Bizarre, and their next targets. I won't do their job for them listing each wonderful initiative I am aware of in the city...but I will make my personal list and watch carefully.

It is patently ridiculous for the city to continue trying to quash every creative initiative...they are being ANTI Spirit of Detroit...because that monument celebrates the Spirit of FREEDOM. It is time for a renewal of that Spirit...a revival, if you will. [[and I'm NOT talking religious, although it will appear that way...with the holier-than-thou dimwits taking a strong stance AGAINST creativity, construction, and care...all hallmarks or strong evidences of the Creator at work in each who respond to the needs of those around them).

We need to have some faction of government specifically to foster and aid these initiatives...not shut them down. We need HELP growing the grass-roots, not big stomping boots killing it all in utero...or worse, after it is born and maturing enough to be responsible citizens.

I mean, where is the city's head? We already know they have an atrophied heart. Let's see if they can find their soul. THEN maybe the body can grow.

Perhaps Mayor Bing, our current head, can make progress with those under his leadership who seem to be against this city becoming what it can truly be once again...a great place to start a venture that might possibly change the world.

Lookin' for my caffeine, just heard the coffeemaker start up. Yay!
    Last edited by Gannon; October-26-10 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    More I consider this, the more peeved I get about it.

Surely there might be a holier-than-thou attitude about this from some in City government [[although the more I consider Kielson's comments, the less I think anyone IN Detroit government understands the meaning of the term 'to govern', at least fairly for all), but I fear it may be race-related and/or provincial-minded.

This is not the first time an endeavor imagined by caucasian folk has been completely annihilated by a city government eager to know [[always) who is involved who 'looks like them'?! Only thing that helps the situation, usually, is the commonly-loved color of green. [[all too often, though, this lucre is passed in the shadows to greasy palms)

There is still a strong undercurrent here...if someone strong in wealth and power comes along [[sorta 'plantation-owner' power)...like ill-Illitch, that moron Maroun, trashy Tony, goofy Gilbert, or that creepy Karmanos...they all lay down like servants and let them do whatever the hell they want. [[Remember these rich and powerful ALL supported our last mayor, to the very disgraceful end of his corrupt career.)

Anyone showing signs of creativity...which to me is the echo of the Maker in each of us...is held in disdain, at the very least. Woe to them if they weren't born with interesting pigmentation...or worse, they dared be born in the suburbs or further. Because the temporary powers-that-be at the helm of this city will NOT allow those of whitebread heritage to climb one step up the economic ladder.

Watch as they gather their lack of wits to destroy Theater Bizarre, and their next targets. I won't do their job for them listing each wonderful initiative I am aware of in the city...but I will make my personal list and watch carefully.

It is patently ridiculous for the city to continue trying to quash every creative initiative...they are being ANTI Spirit of Detroit...because that monument celebrates the Spirit of FREEDOM. It is time for a renewal of that Spirit...a revival, if you will. [[and I'm NOT talking religious, although it will appear that way...with the holier-than-thou dimwits taking a strong stance AGAINST creativity, construction, and care...all hallmarks or strong evidences of the Creator at work in each who respond to the needs of those around them).

We need to have some faction of government specifically to foster and aid these initiatives...not shut them down. We need HELP growing the grass-roots, not big stomping boots killing it all in utero...or worse, after it is born and maturing enough to be responsible citizens.

I mean, where is the city's head? We already know they have an atrophied heart. Let's see if they can find their soul. THEN maybe the body can grow.

Perhaps Mayor Bing, our current head, can make progress with those under his leadership who seem to be against this city becoming what it can truly be once again...a great place to start a venture that might possibly change the world.

Lookin' for my caffeine, just heard the coffeemaker start up. Yay!
    Hey Gannon, if this is the type of impassioned pleas we get BEFORE the coffee is brewing, please join my church and/or political party as a pastor/speaker.

[[Remember these rich and powerful ALL supported our last mayor, to the very disgraceful end of his corrupt career.)
    Ken Cockrel??? jk

Nice post Gannon. It's actually very refreshing to see someone come close to full circle on a thread around here. Can't say I've ever done it, but you managed to read, write and listen to the debate and put some decent consideration into the topic. Well played.

The bright side [[for me) is this happened before I entered contract on a commercial building in Detroit Id been looking at for gallery space. Id been teetering on the fence due to this type of concern.

Thanks Detroit for saving me the hassle of investing then trying to deal w those that "BLOCK".

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    The bright side [[for me) is this happened before I entered contract on a commercial building in Detroit Id been looking at for gallery space. Id been teetering on the fence due to this type of concern.

Thanks Detroit for saving me the hassle of investing then trying to deal w those that "BLOCK".
    Think about Hamtramck.

Think about Hamtramck.
    I was going to suggest the same to TB.

I have talked to Hamtramck. TY for the suggestion. They have been very responsive and open to deal with. Open to change and new business.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Think about Hamtramck.
    Yeah, now that makes some sense. The Ham has always been tolerant towards the creatives. Sometimes Hamtramck seems more "detroit" than Detroit. But, again, keep hush-hush on any good information around this town because it seems that The City is more interested in exploitation than resuscitation. Perhaps TB threads should be banned from this public forum. Eh? I mean, you're either there, or you're not. EOS.

Fuck this city. Anything great gets taken away and destroyed. I will be so happy when I can afford to leave... and I am sure that many others will do the same for this very reason...

I have given this city five years of my life and more and more of what it had to offer is taken away every single year. What a waste... Depressing.

DetroitDad Guest

Default Please stop calling them "the city"

It seems to me that the city and spirit of Detroit are the people putting on this and other cultural events, and should not be affixed to those who are tearing the city down.

Lets not give the wrong people the credit, or the titles they do not deserve.

That would be like saying the idea and ideology behind America resides over on Wall Street, even though they are the ones tearing her down.

Sincerely,

-Sean of Detroit

DetroitDad Guest

Posted on Theatre Bizarre's Facebook Page

Theatre Bizarre; "Zombo officially requests that you NOT engage in any civil or uncivil disobedience on our behalf quite yet. We are working very hard to sort everything out. This page is the ONLY official source of Theatre Bizarre info. Please show us your support here... and please remain positive and civil. 3 hours ago"

Good point, DD...but the 'city' to me is the oppressive force keeping the citizens down, the modern version of the 60s term 'The Man', which is obviously horribly sexist, if not accurate. Women seldom use overt force to subjugate a person.

I guess we can compromise, and I'll always capitalize it when talking about government in a general enough way that they cannot prosecute...and we can assume the small-c city is the grass-roots populace in aggregate.

Cheers [[French press fresh-ground French Roast this morning...it's like mainlining caffeine goodness!)

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    I have talked to Hamtramck. TY for the suggestion. They have been very responsive and open to deal with. Open to change and new business.
    Talk to me if you're interested in some Art collaborations. Got lot's of stuff on the burner.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Fuck this city. Anything great gets taken away and destroyed. I will be so happy when I can afford to leave... and I am sure that many others will do the same for this very reason...

I have given this city five years of my life and more and more of what it had to offer is taken away every single year. What a waste... Depressing.
    You may have a slight idea of what those of us who have spent 45-50 years of our lives living/working/hanging in Detroit, feel about this city. Is it LOVE/HATE? Well, it's love for sure. Hate bubbles up occasionally too.

We should all start throwing parties is the abandoned homes and buildings so they will get demolished.

I know you're being facetious, but many a party was thrown illegally on the Packard grounds [[and many other buildings), back in the 90s, yet it's still there.

Seriously; let HT host TB. There must be sufficiently spooky land available. 1KD could pick up some peripheral business. Maybe the Polish bakeries could cook up something special. Make it a community event and shove it in Bingo's face.

per their facebook page ...

"Official Theatre Bizarre status update! First, Zombo and the entire staff thank you all for your support! Things are going well. We currently have a stay of execution and we continue to work behind the scenes to resolve everything as soon as possible. Please keep your hopes high, your messages positive and get out there and have a Happy Halloween!"

lilpup Guest

wondering how many TB fans and other 'creatives' have previously espoused a broken windows philosophy toward fighting crime...

anyway - the NYT picked up the story including the whining about Detroit being unfriendly to creatives, thus once again local bitches undercut the progress they claim to want - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/30/us/30detroit.html?

National Coverage now in the New York Times...

Detroit Reins In an Annual Halloween Revelry

GANNON I didn't know you are a PIKE? I am also.

But, "it all comes down to the fire marshal," says Dunivant. "He walks onto the property and without even really looking at it he says 'there's no way.' I mean he was on the driveway."
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...310/1408/LOCAL

The stuff at TB doesn't seem that much different that the stuff scattered around the neighborhood at the Heidelberg Project. Maybe TB should paint dots on all their stiff.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4