Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    ...this is as relevant as the price of tea in China...
    uh. yeah it is when you lecture people about where they choose to live. Why arent you paying your "parent's legacy costs"?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    uh. yeah it is when you lecture people about where they choose to live. Why arent you paying your "parent's legacy costs"?
    Uh, no it isn't. My comment is about people living in suburban Detroit who wonder why Detroit matters. That is the answer to their question. Again, your statement is irrelevant.

Uh, no it isn't. My comment is about people living in suburban Detroit who wonder why Detroit matters. That is the answer to their question. Again, your statement is irrelevant.
    oooh , ok, just so I'm clear. As long as I move out of suburban Detroit/SeM, I don't bear any responsibility for "the legacy costs of what my parents built in Detroit"?

oooh , ok, just so I'm clear. As long as I move out of suburban Detroit/SeM, I don't bear any responsibility for "the legacy costs of what my parents built in Detroit"?
    Will you still be paying taxes to the state of Michigan if you move out of Michigan?

Will you still be paying taxes to the state of Michigan if you move out of Michigan?
    Unlikely... but that doesn't mean I'm absolved of all blame when, by leaving, I've directly contributed to the problem of wholesale abandonment of the city and region.

Unlikely...
    Well then you have your answer.

Well then you have your answer.
    Yes, that I do. You have no stake in this region and thus are in no position to lecture anyone about any choices they have made. You not only quit on detroit, you quit on the entire state. you as much as any person who moved "to 42 mile" bear responsibility for the current state of affairs.