Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Have you tried Beverage Warehouse?

I live in Madison Heights, and for me it is worth it to travel to the Canada to buy my scotch. As my name states, I love my Single Malts. The tunnel has pretty good selection, and, if you sign up for the preferred customer card you get 10% off each time you buy of non-sale items. Soooo, you not only get a Litre vs. 750ml compared to the states, it is considerably cheaper. I am lucky, I have my family that lives in Tecumseh, so the toll is not a total waste. The dollar is about at par now, but I feel it is worth the trip as your dollar gets you more.

But listen to GOAT, seemingly he has pretty good taste. To me fiddich is like the Miller Lite of Single Malts. But, I like it and it's what I serve my "miller lite" type guests. It's the special peeps that I break out the Belvanie, Laguvulin, or Laphroaig for, they can appreciate the taste. I too prefer an Islay single malt...but will pretty much drink any type of single malt. Grouse is pretty good for the price. And there are tons of deals all the time on Grouse at the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Downriviera, thats because it is a bourbon. Now a properly made single malt scotch? That is worth every penny [[and don't damn well ruin it by mixing it into a cocktail).
    According to what I've read in Malt Advocate magazine, a lot of Scotch is over aged and over priced as well. I don't know about Scotch, but a lot of American whiskey is not available in Michigan because we are a controled state. Is the Scotch selection better in other states? I always hit up Binnys when I'm in Chicago, its a supermarket for alcohol. Best bourbon selection I've ever seen.

Yep, Downriviera, no ice no water is the way to go. One thing I like about the overaged scotches is that their names are such a mouthful, just ordering one makes you feel drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Have you tried Beverage Warehouse?
    Yes, it was not a regularly stocked item for them, they would need to order it.

I got turned on to single malt scotch when a friend invited me to a 'Johnny Walker, Journey of Taste Event'. I am primarly a beer guy but like a nice whisky once in awhile. I do like Laprhoaig as well as Lagavulin. I've tried the Glenn Fiddich, Delwinnie, and Johhny Blacks but they did not do it for me.

What's the cheapest place for Scotch tape?

Default where to buy single malts

There are 2 stores in the Royal Oak /Southfield area 1 party supply store and Liquor on Greenfield just north of 13 mile just down from Beaumont hospital. the second store with a decent selection is on Lahser at civic center drive in southfield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2