Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Monday's show

This morning's show was off the hook. Mildred had two interesting guests. The preacher from Union Second Baptist Church provided more mystery than information about changing the locks on the church's doors. I think one of the local stations did a piece about it.
    The second guest was a female judge up for re-election.

Both of the above mentioned guests called into the show themselves per the radio host.
    Last edited by Brittz; October-18-10 at 02:03 PM.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    This morning's show was off the hook. Mildred had two interesting guests. The preacher from Union Second Baptist Church provided more mystery than information about changing the locks on the church's doors. I think one of the local stations did a piece about it.
    The second guest was a female judge up for re-election.

Both of the above mentioned guests called into the show themselves per the radio host.
    I heard these two parts of this morning's show as well. They weren't INVITED guests, though And Mildred didn't give them much room to make their cases--her perrogative. Sometimes I think it's better to let these types of guests to let them talk enough to hang themselves on their own ropes by the words they say, although I do recognize that a talk show host has to maintain control/boundaries.

At least the judge had a KK angle--the judge went to [[one of) KK's arraignments and apparently that was inappropriate. I didn't hear exactly why that would be the case.

FoxyScholar10 why the hollering invited? No where in my post did I say they were invited. In fact I stated in BOLD that the guests called in themselves.
    Mildred was direct and tried to keep the topic on track. She is often much kinder to her INVITED guests.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    FoxyScholar10 why the hollering invited? No where in my post did I say they were invited. In fact I stated in BOLD that the guests called in themselves.
    Mildred was direct and tried to keep the topic on track. She is often much kinder to her INVITED guests.
    Sigh.... It's ok. Really.

MrSam Guest

Angelo's Henderson show is more interesting and seems to have better topics and political guest.

Mildred is rude with her callers who disagree with her. That's why most of her callers be butt kissing, just so she doesn't hang the phone up on them.

Also her show seems more and more like a one trick pony since the ex mayor is gone.

I know the detroit news, free press, 2, 4, & 7 has to hate the fact that he's gone also. When he was out they demonstrated yellow journalism at it best.

I just wish she would take the time to get her facts straight. Its one thing to have your own interpretation on the meaning of a set of facts, but I don't think she does ANY research to find out just the basic undisputable facts of a matter. She relies largely on other people's opinions and then spews it as gospel truth.

EastSider Guest

I appreciate Mildred's show most when the topic draws out the "Reverend Murray" type of resident. Detroit, meet your future.

so what do people think about Ramona Prader's show? She used to be on WJLB for a while..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2