Anyone out there listen to "Inside Detroit" on WCHB AM 1200, hosted by Mildred Gaddis? Seems that the show has lost quite a bit of steam lately, especially since the Kwame scandal has died down.

The show seems to rely heaviliy on lenghty pre-recorded news clips, speeches, and interviews to fill up time. If I wanted to watch hear such content, I'd get online and play them myself.

It also appears that, as of late, Mildred is having trouble booking leading local newsmakers [[e.g., Mayor Bing, Robert Bobb, most members of Detroit City Council, etc.). Instead, she's had to rely on little-known bloggers, political consultants, and a disproportionate number of out of state guests discussing issues that don't necessarily pertain to the Detroit area. I suspect that she's pi---d off so many local figures that she can't book them anymore. For a local talk show, this is troubling.

The evening re-broadcasts and the Friday shows in particular use an unusually high amount of music [[I heard a 20-minute gospel music block in the middle of her talk show yesterday!) for a talk show. I don't know about you, but if I want to listen to music, I'll turn to a music channel.

Seems to me that's she's running out of ways to fill up four hours every day.

I don't know what the ratings are looking like right now for her show, but unless things improve soon, I suspect her show is in danger.