Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1330

Starless-King Crimson-Live in Toronto.
    Going to try to see Crim in Delray Beach, Fl next month.

WAGNER - RIDE OF THE VALKYRIES - PIPE ORGAN SOLO

Organist Jonathan Scott performs Ride of the Valkyries [[Die Walküre) by Richard Wagner [[1813-1883) Arr. E.H. Lemare at the organ of Rochdale Town Hall, Rochdale, UK.

This sounds a bit like steelpan but I have a woofer so YMMD.

Cristal Baschet {an instrument that needs to be wet}

If it's not wet, it doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/Bznxx12Ptl0

AronChupa and Little Sis Nora who sings "I'm an albatraoz". This has over 1B hits so I'm a little late to the party. I also had to look up "albtraoz".

from dictionary.com WHAT DOES ALBATRAOZ MEAN?

Playing off the large seabird known as the albatross, albatraoz is occasionally used as a slang for a powerful, strong-willed woman—or, translated to another slang term, a boss-ass bitch. It comes from the name of Swedish pop band and their hit single of the same name.

A couple of other Little Sis Nora videos-
    - A Hole in the Roof
    -Trombone

Default Kalandra - Brave New World

LYRICS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3YC1FGLxUw

Close your eyes and sleep Ignore all the burdens that you keep
    Come whatever may They could never harm you anyway
    Stirrings in the wind Resonates a whisper from within
    Warnings from afar Telling you to heed the morning star
    Waking from the dream Witnessing the smoke that's rolling in
    The end is what you fear The scent of embers lingers in the air
    It's like a web there is no escape from It's got you trapped and you long for freedom
    Every wish every dream was granted Never knowing what they demanded
    You see the wall how it's getting higher You want to fight but you're all divided
    It's not a world anyone can thrive in Is this the world we were meant to grow in?
    Somebody tell me where are we going?
    A brave new world will rise If we do not act upon its lies
    Hold your tongues no more Learn from all the ones who came before
    Catch the wind and fight the storm Through the fury we're holding on
    Take your time but not too long Make it worth the time you own
    You woke a fire inside of me Fanned the flame and made it breathe
    You woke a fire inside of me Inside of me Inside of me

If you want to kick it up a notch with Kalandra-
    This one is about crossing the river into the land of the dead and in Norwegian.
    Helvegen - Wardruna [[Kalandra Cover)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6by9cl24Cw
    Last edited by oladub; September-18-21 at 12:11 AM.

^Thanks, that expanded my musical world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Cristal Baschet
    Thanks, amazing.
    Last edited by bust; September-20-21 at 12:42 AM.

Default at

I stumbled across The HU, a Tibetan throat singing group, while grazing on Norse folk music. Could it be that Google algorithms picked up on the raven flags and dragon imagery that both cultures shared? The HU piece I wanted to spotlight is "Song of Women" with Lzzy Hale an American hard rock singer. Somehow it works.

According to the second comment, "We Mongols have long history of respecting and caring for women. We consider mother as our one and only god. We are known for our musculinity culture such as fierce warriors, conquering. But in my opinion real musculinism highly respect women and we do. Men must respect women. We wouldnt be here if there is no woman. Woman is life, light and hope.

Go down to the 9th. comment for the lyrics to this ode to women.

The HU -Song of Women Feat. Lzzy Hale of Halestorm [[official Music Video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdN1U9NvuIc

The HU also hs an ode to Ghengis Khan who shared so much of his personal DNA with modern Mongols. After all these grim looking guys, a smiling woman's face is inserted in at 4:34.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1gDSao1eA

Nice find Oladub. It brought to mind Tuvan throat singing like this almost melodic rap-like piece.

Default Anni Dohlen - Dark Fusion Bellydance to Heilung

Lowell, more throat singing but this time with a Finnish belly dancer. You can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Nice find Oladub. It brought to mind Tuvan throat singing like this almost melodic rap-like piece.

This brought me back to a post made a decade ago about Huun-Huur-Tu.

I once adopted a protégé because he demonstrated incredibly innovative talents despite his problems. I mentioned throat singing to him and he immediately launched into his own rendition of throat singing which is not easily faked but surprisingly easy to do once mastered.

I taught him how to tie a necktie. He preferred a Windsor knot because he was short and a Windsor knot takes up more of the tie's length.

I gave him a car.

I'd like to think I left a bit of heaven on earth by fostering his development. Before I left him he had acquired a commercial pilot's license.

If you want to leave a lasting mark on another's life before you shuffle off this mortal coil, find and champion a deserving soul and give — generously.

DING!
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-08-22 at 10:42 PM.

Glass Armonica {spinning glass bowls... that break}

Get those fingers pruney and definitely don't press too hard.

Rumours of War....

The late Gregory Isaacs sings much of this song in Jamaican Patois yet the point is still clear:

Rumours and rumours and rumours and rumours
    Whole lotta propaganda
    Rumours a gwan
    Can't stop it...

Rumours dem spreadin'
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-25-22 at 10:17 AM.

Can't remember if anyone else here was a fan of this guy.

Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees frontman and grunge innovator, dies at 57 - CNN

Something classical...

Played at the conclusion of the wedding of Edward Duke of Wessex [4th of 4 child of QE2 and Phillip Mauntbatten] at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle [where Prince Harry also married]... the song is called "Widor's Toccata"... and it was played as the "processional" as the bride and groom were exiting the royal chapel.

Here it is played on the mighty 4/36 Wurlitzer at the Detroit Fox by house organist David Callendine... playing the "slave console" up in the balcony of the Fox [first 2 minutes of this video]...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0rrR1n9l9I
    Last edited by Gistok; February-26-22 at 11:53 AM.

Been clicking on a lot of music on YouTube lately. Some great stuff from classics to jazz there, as Gistock notes in the above post.

Minecraft Disc Stal [Repeated] For 10 Hours

I play it as background music when there's no need for any other audio. Plus, the parrots like to dance to it:

Minecraft Stal

Elvis - His Latest Flame Remix - Hot Girls Shuffle Dancing - YouTube

I have no idea what connection this guy has to Detroit, but it's become my 'relax & be happy' video. It's always been my favorite Elvis tune. Remember when you had that kind of energy? lol...me neither!

U2 and this amazing Harlem gospel choir "I still haven't found what I'm looking for"

https://youtu.be/M8Wt3dhF4fU
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; May-27-22 at 08:56 AM.

^ Nice!

Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits

https://youtu.be/aLtmq0g_4Og

These mist covered mountains
    Are a home now for me
    But my home is the lowlands
    And always will be
    Someday you'll return to
    Your valleys and your farms
    And you'll no longer burn to be
    Brothers in arms
    Through these fields of destruction
    Baptisms of fire
    I've witnessed your suffering
    As the battle raged high
    And though they did hurt me so bad
    In the fear and alarm
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms
    There's so many different worlds
    So many different suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones
    Now the sun's gone to hell and
    The moon's riding high
    Let me bid you farewell
    Every man has to die
    But it's written in the starlight
    And every line in your palm
    We're fools to make war
    On our brothers in arms

by Mark Knopfler

Came across this Rasputin song. I wondered if the singer Aurora was somehow comparing Putin with Rasputin. But I gave up on that idea when I noticed that this was sung before Putin's began his war. Putin has compared himself to Peter the Great rather than Rasputin. I did look up the meaning of Vladimir and Putin. Vladimir means " "of great power" [[folk etymology: "ruler of the world", "ruler of peace") / "famous power", "bright and famous. Putin means "someone belonging to the way/road, someone who goes along the way."

I might as well post this. It's sort of a catchy tune well done by Aurora.

Lyrics: There lived a man in Russia long ago He was big and strong, in his eyes a seeming glow Most people looked with terror and with fear But to Moscow chicks, he was such a lovely dear He could preach the Bible like a preacher Full of ecstasy and fire But he also was the kind of teacher Women would desire

Ra ra Rasputin Lover of the Russian queen There was a cat that really was gone Ra ra Rasputin Russia's greatest love machine It was a shame how he carried on.

"This man's just got to go", declared his enemies But the ladies begged, "Don't you try to do it, please" No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms Though he was a brute, they just fell into his arms For the queen, he was no wheeler-dealer Though she'd heard the things he'd done She believed he was a holy healer Who would heal her son.

Mackenzie High school band, 1954. I was there, flute section. Some favorite life time memories there, and it gave me an appreciation for find music to this day.

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast