Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

In my opinion Spirit was/is one of the most under-rated and under-appreciated rock bands. Very original and diverse, just not 'radio friendly' or commercial I guess. Saw them at the Center Stage in the late 70s, they put on a great show. Randy Califiornia was a damn good guitar player. He and Ed Cassidy went out into the lobby after the concert and hung out, chatted with people, signed autographs, very cool.

I totally agree , probably one of my favorite bands , top 10 for sure .

The medley, from "The Last Waltz," of "Tura Lura" & "Caravan" never, ever fails to raise my heart rate, shorten my breath, and send a shiver through my various cortical nerve endings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIiUwZfqMSU
    Last edited by Pam; January-19-11 at 11:24 AM.

Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros. Please listen to to this band, here live on David Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb9jY8yAxgs

You cannot be in any kind of a bad mood after THAT!

The Crash Test Dummies - A Worm's Life

I was in a classical mood today.... and listened to 2 very nice different genre's...

1) Opera meets Pop Music.... this trio of future opera stars [[1st singer has already been named the next Andrea Bocelli)... these incredibly talented youngsters are only 16... Justin Bieber move over... they're already #3 on the European Billboard charts... and are touring America this year with their 1st album out in 3 weeks... group and album called "Il Volo".... They were at the "Haiti We Are The World -25" songfest, and even Celine Dion wants to sing with them...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teOJp3Vidyw

2) Immediate Music... don't know much about this group or whatever they are called [[also heard "Globus").... all their tunes are pretty spectacular....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL4r31DnW_Q

Any good music forums,out there?

Trans Siberian Orchestra - Beethoven's Last Night

Great mix of rock and roll and classical...these guys are geniuses!!!

You might recognize a couple of these guys

Janelle Monae
    Little Dragon

Am enjoying Fitz and the Tantrums. Their "Pickin' Up the Pieces" album is fabulous!

Here's some hometown music

Originally recorded with Stevie Nicks

bartock Guest

I've basically been listening to Radiohead's King of Limbs since they released it.

There's no sensation quite as poignant as hearing this song come on the radio while you're rolling into Detroit after seven hours on the road negotiating all those lonely trucks. You're pretty much in an altered state of consciousness by that time anyway and then on top of all that you get hit by this:

lyrics

Wikipedia
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-07-11 at 12:12 AM.

I finally connected an ancient hifi system in my honey's tv room last night, complete with an inexpensive British turntable...and I got the vinyl out of storage yesterday...so I am once again truly enjoying music.

This morning it was Pete Townshend and Ronnie Lane's ROUGH MIX and Stanley Clarke's SCHOOL DAYS.

Now I'm spoiled until I can get home to it again. Will probably only listen to the true sound of silence in the car...compressed splashy digital spittiness is much tougher to handle after a strong reminder of what the stuff is SUPPPOSED to sound like...LOL!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    You might recognize a couple of these guys
    There is [[was?) a video out there of them doing For What it's Worth on the Smothers Brothers. When he sings the line 'there's a man with a gun over there' they show Tommy Smothers in a cowboy outfit holding a gun with a goofy look on his face, got a kick out of that.

I've been on a Pearl Jam kick lately, including Eddie's "Into the Wild" soundtrack.

Just listened to Celine Dion with 4 of the greatest voices in Europe... Il Divo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dOoabTiLQI&feature=fvst

Embedding the video here disables full screen capabilities...

OMG, I am now listening...really listening...to EVERY vinyl album I own, and will attack the girlfriend's stash next.

Right now?

Tower of Power on the Sheffield Lab label, baby. Audiophile intensity-atcha!

OK, my past history trying to resurrect that old Thorens antique Stalker...or whatever he called himself...SKULKER, that's it...found in the garbage notwithstanding, I will be going full-bore into the turntable repair and setup business. Labor only-parts will be secured by my recommendation through any of a number of websites selling belts, cartridges, and stylii...

...but I'm convinced completely. Analog totally and completely rules.

Plus, most of my musician friends in town are pressing vinyl with their new releases. Although, if they are as poorly produced as that Eels album I bought at his concert last year, I'm going to have to consult with 'em to up their quality.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; March-08-11 at 01:56 PM.

I really loved the movie '' Into The Wild '' and Eddie did a fantastic job with '' Big Hard Sun '' originally done by the Canadian band Indio . Front man and lead singer Gordon Peterson did not like the record company dictating when and where he should go to promote the bands music , and basically quit . There was an original music video of Gordon Peterson doing Big Hard Sun floating around on youtube awhile back , but haven't seen it lately . The original Big Hard Sun with lyrics .

Vivaldi's The Four Seasons on the Denon label...vinyl album

I'm going to play Spring twice.

Kansas-Point of Know Return...as I get ready to head out the door to a clients.

Fitting.

Vinyl Rules.

Good LORD...just got to the end of side 2 on that Kansas album, which I cannot remember listening through to since high school.

"Sparks of the Tempest"...is SO close to my life philosophy, from what I could glean of the lyrics while rushing aroung packing last-minute inspirations for this gig today...that I am quite stunned.

I am SURE these words didn't mean a thing to the disallusioned young man suffering his 10th year of parochial institutionalizing...but they certainly mean a TON now.

Wowza...and I realized that even back then I listened to more of the orchestral rock. Kansas, ELO, ELP, Pink Floyd, The Who...don't give me any shit about those last two...they both created Rock Operas more than mere music.

This is some deep stuff...lovin' it all.

Oh, and did I mention...VINYL RULES!

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast