Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1330

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    This is fun. Theme from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" played on ukuleles:

https://youtu.be/pLgJ7pk0X-s

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - The Danish National Symphony Orchestra

Last edited by Jimaz; July-02-22 at 10:26 PM.

Yakety sax played on harmonicas:

https://youtu.be/9yB0I9HQ14E

Amplified history video from arctic Norway's early iron age by the German, Danish and Norwegian trio Heilung that receives a disproportionate number of positive comments from Native Americans and people healing from depression and PTSD. The costuming, singer's voice range and power, the imagery, cinematography, and connecting musical and scenic segments all are very good. There is even the best 53 second proto-Norse rap segment you've ever heard. The rapper has a necktie and also joins in the background of the final segment with the muskox. This isn't Hollywood. The baby Anoana is born. She is seen as a girl and later as a woman whose spirit merges with the muskox [[my interpretation). This is well before Vikings and their male religion. This is an ode to the power of women creating life, healing, and being one with nature. It is best listened to full screen and rather loudly with headphones. Loop it. Glance at the comments. The reed tube above the birthing woman has been described as either representing the birth channel or the entrance to the tube of light some dying people witness. When Heilung performed to 9,500 attendees at Red Rock last year, costumed Native Americans performed on stage with Heilung each in their native costumes.

Charismatic Voice's review of Anoana
    Last edited by oladub; July-19-22 at 06:58 AM.

Pulling this to front stage from the playlist because it deserves some limelight.

ELO - Don't Bring Me Down Remix w/ Beautiful shuffle girls

Okay, sexism aside and four years hence, the skill alone deserves to be revered. There is some real talent here.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-21-22 at 10:45 PM.

Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong - Dream A Little Dream Of Me {Audio}

Take My Hand {extra long version} - Dune {1984} closing credits music
    This video uses the version of the song mixed for the film.... It's been looped ... because no one wants it to end.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-26-23 at 10:45 PM.

Default Ren - Hi Ren

This is a live video in which insanity meets genius. It’s not pretty but needs a prize. Maybe a good introduction is to find a reviewer to walk you through this https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...i+Ren+reaction 6.8M hits since December. I just stumbled into it.

This Welsh singer/performer ran into serious physical and mental problems after several years of undiagnosed Lyme disease. He had stem cell therapy and is now being treated in Canada.

Last edited by oladub; March-08-23 at 10:40 PM.

Giù La Testa {Duck, You Sucker} -
    Soundtrack - Ennio Morricone -
    Full Album {1971}

Gordon Lightfoot - Complete Greatest Hits
    Gordon Lightfoot Best Songs Playlist
    Listen to the Complete Greatest Hits from legendary singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot featuring folk hits such as "Sundown", "Carefree Highway", "If You Could Read My Mind" and "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald"....

1. Early Morning Rain 0:00:00
    2. For Lovin' Me 0:03:04
    3. Go Go Round 0:05:32
    4. Canadian Railroad Trilogy 0:08:12
    5. Pussywillows, Cat Tails 0:14:35
    6. Bitter Green 0:17:26
    7. If You Could Read My Mind 0:20:11
    8. Summer Side of Life 0:23:59
    9. Cotton Jenny 0:28:04
    10. Beautiful 0:31:47
    11. Sundown 0:35:15
    12. Carefree Highway 0:38:41
    13. Rainy Day People 0:42:22
    14. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald 0:45:13
    15. Race Among the Ruins 0:51:41
    16. Daylight Katy 0:55:02
    17. The Circle Is Small 0:59:14
    18. Baby Step Back 1:03:21
    19. Stay Loose 1:07:19
    20. Restless 1:11:15
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-02-23 at 09:22 PM.

City of New Orleans, Arlo Guthrie

Burt Bacharach special on PBS; Dione Warwick singing Say a Little Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Burt Bacharach special on PBS; Dione Warwick singing Say a Little Prayer
    Good stuff. But I still prefer the classics. [[No, not Frank or Bing, the real stuff, Wolfgang or Johannes.)

I Thought She Was A Rock 'n' Roller Until THIS Happened
    Jessica Norton is the amazing artiste in this video. Check out her YouTube channel here: / jcnorton14

Originally Posted by Ray1936
    Good stuff. But I still prefer the classics. [[No, not Frank or Bing, the real stuff, Wolfgang or Johannes.)"

Maybe Grieg then. Hall of the Mountain King. From the sort of sedate to metal.

Grieg: Peer Gynt / Järvi · Berliner Philharmoniker

Ragnhild Hemsing & Trondheim Soloists - Grieg: In the Hall of the Mountain King With Hardanger fiddle [[9 strings) and nature in the mountains where Peer Gynt took his bride.

https://youtu.be/Jg6s2gqd9pI <strong><font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: Verdana">

Eluveitie is a Swiss group.I believe the repeated lyrics are"Slagt ham! [[slay him). from the lyrics I didn't know went with the music. Be patient. This starts for real at 26sec. It has everything from a hurry gurdy to a bagpipe to an old guy in a suit.
    Last edited by oladub; May-23-23 at 09:54 PM.

Lou Reed

Fleetwood Mac's Then Play On, the original 1969 - and best - version of the band, when it was strictly blues and experimental, before it became rocky-poppy.

I came across the original song. This review popped up after it and the reviewer noticed things that I did not notice. The song begins at 2min., 35sec.. The song has been played 9.4M times on U-Tube in 5 days. Let's see if it gets played on the radio or this singer, Oliver Anthony, is ever invited on a network TV channel.

My favorite line, "I wish politicians looked out for miners, not just MINORS on an island somewhere".

Cave Organ {a cave that you play}

You don't just play in the cave. You play the cave.

Imagine future archaeologists discovering this. What will they think? These are not mere cave paintings!

Last edited by Jimaz; September-02-23 at 08:14 PM.

Am I the only person in the world who still listens to classical? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Am I the only person in the world who still listens to classical? Sad.
    I do. Always have. I'm just not much into music in general though.

Here, try this: AccuRadio/classical. Note the skip button in the lower right corner.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-07-23 at 07:35 PM.

A followup to my own post #1317 of Aug.14 above. The Richmond song now has over 60m views after four weeks. It is a phenomena, maybe a flash in a pan and it has gone global. Some observations:

The first attack on this song I noticed was from the National Review an establishment Republican site. Then came an onslaught of Democratic opinion pieces such as Rolling Stone's focusing on the three sentences of the song about the misuse of welfare. Even Christianity Today attacked the song. Yet, every black reviewer I've come across has given the song a thumbs up. Oliver Anthony, his stage name, did not like that Republicans at their first debate tried to get behind his song. He said they were the rich men mentioned in his song. Elsewhere, he is even handed in dissing both parties.

My favorite reviewer, the Charismatic Voice, who usually focuses on the music part of songs, finally got around to reviewing Richmond [[218k views in 4 days). watch She was sidetracked by the message and the emotion of the song and started talking about the poverty shared by opera singers and growing up wearing second hand clothes.

What moved me to comment on my own post was a very long interview with Gordon Peterson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEWH2hnmfzc It isn't political. Oliver stresses that there must be better solutions than Republicans and Democrats offer. It turns out that Oliver is married with a third child on the way, has direction and is an eloquent speaker with a great vocabulary for a high school dropout. It's a good interview but I would recommend the 58 minute to 1hr.12min. part because the first part is shop talk.
    Last edited by oladub; September-09-23 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the simple melody played before Radio Netherlands shortwave broadcasts. I believe it's played on a carillon.

I like to think they selected the carillon because it takes an instrument that strong and clear to punch through the notorious interference of shortwave. The blend of bells with interference conveys the majestic triumph of surmounting impossible obstacles — very appropriate for The Netherlands.

RNW - Radio Netherlands Worldwide - Radio Nederland
    And now, without the interference:

Radio Nederland Onda Corta - Señal de Intervalo
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-13-23 at 08:36 PM.

Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Paul Desmond {alto sax}, Joe Morello {drums}, Eugene Wright {bass} and Dave Brubeck {piano}

Default Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5

Like the first commenter writes, this is fun with a lot of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    And now, without the interference:
    Radio Nederland Onda Corta - Señal de Intervalo
    I love bells. Here's one of my favorites from the Gothic Cathedral of Cologne / Köln. It starts out with the 53,000 pound "Fat Peter" [Petersglocke]. It's lengthy but worth the wait for when all the bells, that start joining in around minute 11, are ringing.

It was a miracle that it survived WWII, the cathedral was hit by 70 firebombs and 14 highly explosive bombs, and the bells would ring when the war ended.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast