Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detmich View Post
    This may be the dumbest post I have ever read.
    You need to spend more time on here then. We'll probably top that one before lunchtime.

detmich Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    You need to spend more time on here then. We'll probably top that one before lunchtime.
    At least I have something to look forward to.

The area I'm referring to is the opposite side of Livernois, basically parrellel to Sherwood Forest. I don't know the overall breakin rate over there, but another terrible problem they have is finding you car on bricks in your driveway or in front of your home the next morning. It is unbelieveable. All these things plus some caused me to leave Wayne County and take residence in Oakland.

Slick-from OTIS; "Gunshot wound Blends in with freckles, hard to photo"

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    Slick-from OTIS; "Gunshot wound Blends in with freckles, hard to photo"

What does that untrue statement have to do with the topic being discussed

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    What does that untrue statement have to do with the topic being discussed
    Um, it's not an untrue statement. Look up "Skiles" on OTIS.

Um, it's not an untrue statement. Look up "Skiles" on OTIS.
    Look that up under Offender Search? Or Michigan's most wanted?

Bearinabox Guest

Look that up under Offender Search? Or Michigan's most wanted?
    Here you go: http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis...cNumber=150831

For whatever reason his entire photo is not coming up, only the top if his head. He has a criminal record as long as my arm. He truly enjoys stealing from people.

I witnessed a man with 1 leg hopping all through an apartment building parking lot at the corner of Cass and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. About 200 feet away a police officer was in the process of issuing a traffic ticket to someone. After I told him what was going on, the officer looked at the man, who appeared to be mentally disturbed, and stated that he couldn't leave his prisoner, I guess that's the standard for anyone that an officer has detained. After I asked him if he could call dispatch to have another officer come out, he said call 911. I'm back now, but that was the day that I had decided to move out of Detroit. If I didn't enjoy living on the Southwest side so much, I would move right back out.

Bearinabox Guest

For whatever reason his entire photo is not coming up, only the top if his head. He has a criminal record as long as my arm. He truly enjoys stealing from people.
    I had that problem too. I don't know what's going on with that.

I had that problem too. I don't know what's going on with that.
    good heavens, didn't they tell you he was hard to photo!?!?

Slick back with the update,

Skiles B&E my house sentence #3, Dec 30, I was up north, got a phone call about the B&E. Served about 5 years, think he got out around 1997. But you can read the rest.

I will let you know when I get notified when he breaks parole and goes back to the work camp by Traverse City for the summer. Nice gig, I dont have my place up north anymore, but he can.

Skiles how do you know he broke into your house?

exdetroiter,

Slick here, Yes, Skiles broke into my house. ID by my neighbor at the trial, plea bargained repeat offender for guilty plea of home invasion.

As I mentioned I am still on the victim list. He will be back in the slammer just a matter of time.

a family friend of ours was shot and killed back in the early mid 90's I believe. He was the manager of a Motor City Credit Union, though I don't know which.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    exdetroiter,

Slick here, Yes, Skiles broke into my house. ID by my neighbor at the trial, plea bargained repeat offender for guilty plea of home invasion.

As I mentioned I am still on the victim list. He will be back in the slammer just a matter of time.

Wow! I wish I had some satisfaction of seeing the individuals prosecuted and jailed whom invaded my home.

Default carjacking

A friend of mine says her cousin, a 22 year old was murdered in Detroit this week during a carjacking. He was from Howell. His ID as well as his car were stolen so he lay in the morgue for 2 days before being identified. I have seen nothing in the newspaper. Anyone have info?

one time i was mugged outside my home, went inside called police and noticed the guys came back for items they had dropped. I started to chase the guys w a baseball bat, the police came refused to detain the guys and let them get away as they "had no offical report yet" ,

After 30 years of working in Detroit, had my first car stolen last year. Found a couple of miles away before I even knew it was stolen. Police were polite and fairly helpful. Cost me $400 to get it out of a Monroe impound lot and another several hundred to replace the ignition. Insurance covered the impound fee. Stole my portable CD player and sunglasses, but left several other items.

Default Victim of a robbery

My house was robbed in September 1968....I am still waiting for the Detroit police to show up...I guess they're not coming...what do you think?.....

In the early 70's I had a guy grab me from behind while walking to the bus stopin the morning. Luckily I had a little can of mace and some killer platform shoes that weighed a ton. When he grabbed I got him in the stomach with my elbow while stomping his foot as hard as I could and spraying him with the mace. The police laughed their heads off and told me to keep wearing those shoes and carrying that spray. They did catch the guy when he turned up in ER with a shattered foot.

I was robbed at gunpoint in the late-80s while working at a drop-off photo booth [[a la fotomat).

As far as I know, the case was never solved. [[And by the way, this happened in Troy. I spent a lot of time in Detroit as a teenager and quickly learned that down-on-their-luck people will do foolish things, including a middle-aged white women in the suburbs).
    Last edited by CRU1336; May-31-09 at 10:59 PM. Reason: grammar

Back in Sept of 87, My Grandpa was carjacked in a sense. They found the car stripped and missing about 10 vintage car radios my Uncle intended to get out of the garage to his work in Livonia so they would be safer. Needless to say My Grandparents were outta Detroit in 3 months

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Back in Sept of 87, My Grandpa was carjacked in a sense. They found the car stripped and missing about 10 vintage car radios my Uncle intended to get out of the garage to his work in Livonia so they would be safer. Needless to say My Grandparents were outta Detroit in 3 months
    The fact that something like this is "needless to say" pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with this region. Of course they left! That's what you do when someone steals your car! What other possible course of action could there be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast