Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default info on a building trumbull between merrick and putnum

For no particular reason I was wondering if anyone knew if this small 1 story interesting looking building was for sale or had any info about it, its owners or former use. It's located directly in between merrick and putnum on trumbull. Thanks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...34449082339195

Hmm. Good question. I must have passed by it a thousand or more times and never even noticed it. Very curious.

Looking at it on google maps and virtual earth the building goes all the way through to the alley. It extremely long and narrow.

Im pretty novice about this but what would be the best way to find out info on the building's current owner. Would I have to goto the city? and what department would I need to goto?

It's owned by Ghassan Yazbeck and Marilyn Nash-Yazbeck who also own the Inn at 97 Winder in Brush Park and many other buildings in Woodbridge. You could probably contact them at the Inn. Number is 313.832.4348. Three or so years ago I was working as the real estate agent for Jim, who owns the Woodbridge Pub down the street. This is one of the buildings we looked at before choosing the one at the corner where the pub is now. The building was last used as a machine shop or car repair. There is no basement. Ghassan was asking WAYYYY too much money for the place. He obviously didn't really need or want to sell it.

Thanks Chub. Shouldn't be too hard to ask, I rent from both marilyn and ghassan. Thats too bad to hear about the price and come to think about it I may have actually heard that from Jim.

I suppose Ill pose this question to you as well then. Do you know if the former Christian Science Reading Room building is slated for demolition to make way for the 4830 Cass project that was given Brownfield redevelopment credits last year? I was interested in just the small older building and not the entire church. Im wondering if it is for sale and if the two buildings are being offered separately for sale or lease and who I might contact for information. thanks again.

Sorry, I don't have any info on the Christian Science Reading Room buildings.
    Good Luck,
    Chub