Since the addition of adding comments to stories on the freep, detnews, and other local media outlets has become popular I have noticed that the views expressed by people there are getting more and more extreme.
During the death penalty trial over the summer people were seeming to cry out not just for blood but volunteering to kill O'Reilly themselves and to do it with really cruel methods too.
When any story about homosexuals is in the papers it will instantly turn into a free for all fight with people proclaiming their views to be right because god tells them to. The debates are seeming to get uglier and uglier and it makes me worried about the metro area and the state at large.
Michigan and Detroit were places where I always thought rational thought and discourse ruled. We were one of the first places in the world to outlaw state executions, yet now it seems that people are practically drooling in delight over the thought of killing prisoners [[some even want it just to save money and clear out the jails).
So I am wondering if anyone else is noticing that this way of thinking is becoming more prevalent around here or if it is just the online people who are just out to either proclaim their beliefs or just stir up some trouble.