Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by faygoredpop View Post
    I found this in The Oakland Press.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...0617511533.txt

It states that Brooks Patterson would like the Pistons to stay in Auburn Hills, but if Ilitch does move them to Detroit, for Ilitch not to expect money from Oakland County to pay for the arena since they are coughing up money for Cobo.

Macomb county may follow suit and not offer a dime for the new arena for Pistons, then only Wayne county would be footing the bill.

I can see our taxes going up to pay for this arena.

Maybe this is why Bing wants to shrink the city so they can develop it into commercial land all over the place, but us citizens will be paying for it with bond issues.
    Small market newspapers tend to reek of bias, and this article is no different. It's just poor journalism.

Also, read the comments below the article for a good chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    Small market newspapers tend to reek of bias, and this article is no different. It's just poor journalism.

Also, read the comments below the article for a good chuckle.
    This doozy is courtesy of a poster named Positive Taxpayer
    " Brooks has hit the nail on the head again! Oakland County has supported the Piston organization for years and will continue to do so. This is the wrong economy to ask OC taxpayers to pay for a stadium in Detroit. In my opinion, the Palace is a fantastic venue that could support both the Pistons and the Wings.

Thank you Brooks for everything you do for OC and I support you 100% on not using our tax dollars for a Detroit stadium. When Cobo is successful then we will have something! "
    People will post anything without understanding what they are posting about. OC residents paying for an arena in Detroit!! I suppose they are still hurting from paying for Comerica Park and Ford Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The New Jersey Nets will be playing in Brooklyn next season, so unless they change they're name to the Brooklyn Nets, Detroit won't be the only team playing outside they're city limits.
    C'mon Cincy, you really don't believe that the Nets would play in the home of Biggie Smalls, Tyson and Jigga as the New Jersey Nets do you?

"WHITE DETROIT" mayor L.B. Patterson said that he would rally his regional friends not to put their monies into financing the new stadium not only for the Red Wings about also for the Pistons of Illitch get's his way. I'm sorry L.B. but when Illitch makes the call, good or bad it's his call. Detroit can't survive without regionalization and world trade.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because Mike Illitch can be easily compared with Harriet Oleson from Little House on the Prarie.

Neda, I miss you so.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    "WHITE DETROIT" mayor L.B. Patterson said that he would rally his regional friends not to put their monies into financing the new stadium not only for the Red Wings about also for the Pistons of Illitch get's his way. I'm sorry L.B. but when Illitch makes the call, good or bad it's his call. Detroit can't survive without regionalization and world trade.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because Mike Illitch can be easily compared with Harriet Oleson from Little House on the Prarie.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Ok, I'll bite. Ask the street prophet how Mike is compared to Harriet, and with detail.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I think Drew Sharp has a few screws loose....

Ya think?

Little off topic but this idiot doesn't know what a gordie howe hat trick is and this is the guy that writes about hockey in DETROIT?

That shit might fly if you are covering the Florida Panthers but not here

Because of that, I pay no attention to anything he has to say or write

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    C'mon Cincy, you really don't believe that the Nets would play in the home of Biggie Smalls, Tyson and Jigga as the New Jersey Nets do you?
    You'd think they would change it, but you never know, it's a crazy world out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You'd think they would change it, but you never know, it's a crazy world out here.
    They were the New York Nets before they were the New Jersey Nets. Most likely they'll go back to being the New York Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    They were the New York Nets before they were the New Jersey Nets. Most likely they'll go back to being the New York Nets.
    True, never thought of that.

Did anyone else see Bill Shea’s most recent column?

It makes some interesting points regarding the difficulty of securing both public and private stadium-financing in the current economic and political climate.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...h-neil-demause

P.S. Bill, I hope I’m not preempting you by posting this. I know you often post the links to your articles on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Did anyone else see Bill Shea’s most recent column?

It makes some interesting points regarding the difficulty of securing both public and private stadium-financing in the current economic and political climate.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...h-neil-demause

P.S. Bill, I hope I’m not preempting you by posting this. I know you often post the links to your articles on this board.
    This is not surprising. I think everyone is aware that the bottom fell out. Everyone knows that Ilitch is attempting to buy the Pistons for only one reason and it isn't because he is a fan. He wants a second team in said future arena. The Ilitch empire is in Detroit and if he was to say buy the Pistons and the Palace and move the Wings to the Palace temporary for "x" amount of years while awaiting a new arena it would be a death blow for downtown Detroit and the Ilitch interests and don't forget that he and Marian put in for the proposed rail along Woodward.

gdogslim Guest

Put the Red Wings in the Palace, Put the Pistons in Ford Field.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Put the Red Wings in the Palace, Put the Pistons in Ford Field.
    Exactly what would this accomplish? There is no logic to this move...if anything, put them both at Ford Field [[or just the Wings).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4