Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    This is exactly why fire protection should be funded through adequate taxes instead of optional user fees. I think the libertarian/teabagger types are the ones who have a problem understanding that services cost money.

really, isn't the $75 actually a defacto tax? did they not know they were not covered? why do responsible people have to work to protect the stupid people [[and I'm not refering to handicapped), I mean stupid...

she offered to pay to have the fire put out when it happened, surely they could have afforded the $75 prior.... they gambled and lost....

i carry only no-fault insurance on my car, if it gets in a wreck, fire, stolen, then I am SOL, not gonna complain to my insurance company about not having full coverage after the fact....

take some responsibility for your actions, if everyone did this the world would run a lot smoother......

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    take some responsibility for your actions, if everyone did this the world would run a lot smoother......
    But the world doesn't run like that now, does it? That's why we have rules and laws and taxes. So that I don't get killed in a fire that spread to my house because my stupid neighbor didn't pay his bill.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    But the world doesn't run like that now, does it? That's why we have rules and laws and taxes. So that I don't get killed in a fire that spread to my house because my stupid neighbor didn't pay his bill.
    Not very likley to happen in this case because the closest house is at least 300-400 feet away. That area is farm country, even if it is close to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    really, isn't the $75 actually a defacto tax?....
    Er, no. Because these fees are optional, which is exactly the problem. When you demonstrate your understanding of that simple fact I'll bother to read the rest of your posts.

If you don't want taxes, these are the problems you create. Quitcher whining.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-04-10 at 08:46 PM.