Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    By all means, make it the craft beer capital, just dont think of calling it the Kraft paper capital of the world, I just cant see it being much of a drawing card
    You mean the processed beer product?

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteSingh View Post
    I wish the distribution was better. One of the only craft beers available at most bars is Bell's.

probably has less to do with distribution and more to do with demand

never really understood the bars that have a lot of taps and they stock them with bud light, coors light, miller light, busch light, labatt blue light... and if your lucky, maybe a sam adams...

regardless of who has the best statistics, there is no town that officially calls itself the "craft beer capital of the world" as far as I can find....

name it and they will come......

checkraisej Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    never really understood the bars that have a lot of taps and they stock them with bud light, coors light, miller light, busch light, labatt blue light...
    What's so hard to understand about it? This isn't making a boolean diagram of categorical syllogisms or studying dark matter or anything...those beers far outsell microbeers, so what do you think bar owners are going to put on tap?

probably has less to do with distribution and more to do with demand
    That's true. Ideally bars would follow the "local ingredient" trend that many restaurants are beginning to subscribe to.

Serving local beer really can add a lot of personality to a place. You wouldn't overhear anyone ordering a pint of ghettoblaster in any other city...

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    What's so hard to understand about it? This isn't making a boolean diagram of categorical syllogisms or studying dark matter or anything...those beers far outsell microbeers, so what do you think bar owners are going to put on tap?
    sure

but do they really need 5 varieties of light? are miller lite drinkers so snobby that they wouldn't settle for a blue light? or are the michelob light drinkers too good for bud light? seems to me that you can substitute one of these piss beers for another without much complaint.... really, if one of these beers is your favorite you really don't have much of a developed beer palate and would probably settle for a close/identical light substitute, thereby freeing up 3 of 5 taps for different style beers......

checkraisej Guest

really, if one of these beers is your favorite you really don't have much of a developed beer palate
    Oh, please. What a narrow minded, elitist, beer snob line of thinking. If you have 10 taps, each with a lager/light beer, every single one of them will out sell, cost less, and make more money than any one of your microbrews. So what is a bar owner going to put on tap? Something that cost more and sells less? Let me know what you decide when you open up a bar and make Detroit the beer capital of the world, or whatever pie in the sky ideas you come up with that aren't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by checkraisej View Post
    Oh, please. What a narrow minded, elitist, beer snob line of thinking. If you have 10 taps, each with a lager/light beer, every single one of them will out sell, cost less, and make more money than any one of your microbrews. So what is a bar owner going to put on tap? Something that cost more and sells less? Let me know what you decide when you open up a bar and make Detroit the beer capital of the world, or whatever pie in the sky ideas you come up with that aren't going to happen.

really? so if you took one of your 10 light taps and removed busch light, and replaced it with perhaps bells two hearted, what would more likely happen 1. all the busch light drinkers would stop coming into your bar, or 2. you might gain new patronage of people that appreciate the bells beer

and, wouldn't having only 10 taps of light beer be a better example of being "narrow minded"??

me thinks the busch light drinkers would do fine with one of the other 9 lights and not blink an eye.....

but I do agree, similar to fixing the DPS, its a pie in the sky idea, we should concentrate on better ideas, like building a 500 foot spirit of detroit statue on the riverfront........

, there is no town that officially calls itself the "craft beer capital of the world" as far as I can find....

name it and they will come......
    I think San Diego is calling itself the craft beer capital of the country.

There are a number of places that do quite well with microbrews. People who want "light beers" don't like BEER. It is always a shame when someone has to resort to LCD thinking.

Why even have light beer on tap? I bet any "light beer expert" out there they can't tell the difference between bottle and tap in a blind tasting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2