Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pcm View Post
    If that's the case, then how do you propose to compare Detroit brewers with anyone else? By volume? If that's the case, then we are still way behind a lot of other towns in terms of volume.

If you're going on popularity, then Bell's is arguably the most popular Michigan brewery. If that's true, then we should declare Comstock, MI the craft beer capitol of Michigan.
    I would agree that Bell's is probably the most popular Michigan brewery, but it has a combination of volume and quality. I don't think you would compare strictly on volume, especially since that wasn't what I was referring to. I was simply saying that how challenging it is to brew a certain beer shouldn't be the only criteria to measure micro breweries... especially since I don't think a lot of people take that into consideration anyways.

I apoligize. My reference to volume was directed towards the amount of breweries in the area, not the quantity of different beers a particular brewery has in their arsenal.

I agree that none of these criteria should be sole determining factors of the original topic at hand. However, the fact that GR brewers offer more complex beers, in my opinion, is an indication that the region is simply more prepared for varying types of breweries to set up shop [[preparing it to be the craft beer capitol of MI).