It is apparent that many people think that my proposals for rejuvenating and reinvigorating Detroit are crazy. I however feel that they are exploratory ideas for the community to consider working towards in making Detroit advance culturally and economically. So here is my final and last thread which lists everything I have proposed. Alot of people think that the below ideas are strange...but I am not sure why people would be against such changes. The main issue to me is the funding but does not mean that these are ideas to just put off as meaningless or crazy.

1)Icentivize people who live in blighted areas to relocate and clear the land to create technology districts. Each technology district will focus on a specific emerging sector. It would look like a coroporate parkway or airport terminals.

2)Rezone Midtown to ensure that the area is completely pedestrian and prevent strip malls and buldings that are setback.

3)Beautify Midtown with statues, cobbled-stone streets, fountains down the median of Woodward, avenues with lined-trees, and make Cass Park a European style Plaza.

4)Consider architectural uniformity in districts of Detroit.

5)Build an extensive subway throughout the city and Metro Detroit

6)Rehabiliate abandoned homes in areas not going to be cleared out and provide them to Section 8 people who would be responsible for the taxes to build up the tax base for the city.

7)Bolster economic and social ties with Grand Rapids.

8)Push for Detroit to consolidate with 200 square miles of Wayne County to make the population move to 1.6 million enabling the city to reclaim itself as the 5th largest city and to receive more federal funds as well as diversify the demographics of the city.

9)Think of a powerful icon for the city...I mentioned the Spirit of Detroit as it is a loved icon and the city could use another tourist destination as well as an observatory deck.

10)Push for bullet trains from Detroit to Chicago via I-94, one via I-96 to Lansing/Grand Rapids, and one up I-75 pass flint, Saginaw/Bay/Traverse City.

11)Create a Circle at 9 and Woodward to improve the downtown of Ferndale in connecting both sides of Woodward.

12)Work with non-profit organizations to start a mentoring program to encourage high school students stay in school and to tutor them.

13)Create a French Quarter and promote a Mardi Gras. Bolster cultural and economic ties with Quebec, France, and French Speaking Africa.

14)Lure urban professionals into the city.

15)Think of ways to market our Music tradition: the Detroit Music Awards, the Motown musuem, electronics festival...Maybe talk Mtv in having a studio here.

16)Turning the Packard, Model T, and Fisher plants into musuems.

17)Create a walk of fame with stars on the street of Detroit's legends.

There...17 ideas for the city. Ok its now your turn to say how crazy all the above sounds and that Detroit is fine the way it is........... AND WHEN YOU RIP ON ME FOR THESE IDEAS, I LOVE TO LAUGH SO KEEP MAKING THEM COMICAL!