Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A 500 foot statue of Muhammed would certainly make headlines all over the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    A 500 foot statue of Muhammed would certainly make headlines all over the world...
    We already have a statue for one boxer.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

You guys are all being too harsh. This is a fantastic idea! All we have to do is pool the surplus money from the school, grass-cutting, water department, police, fire, and code enforcement budgets and we can... can... umm.... never mind.

I hope he was just kidding....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When I read this reply the first thing that came to mind was the folks in the "Tea Party"...........

But for anyone with the where-with-all to open a travel brochure...... there's lots to do in any of those places...

I've spent an exhausting 4 days in Paris alone and still didn't see everything I wanted to....

.... but I digress....

Hmm started by the same guy that wants to put DuPont Circle in Ferndale. I suppose this is what happens when you liberalize the MJ laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    J:, I was thinking along the same lines, a Colossus of Detroit. But I was thinking of Coleman A. Young, MFIC, as the giant figure giving the finger to all those who are heading out of town.

OK, OK, in fairness, a giant statue might be cool. It's just random is all.

Maybe instead take that vandalized freedom/underground railroad landmark, and make it giant. Hilariously enough, the counterpart in Windsor could also be giant, and stare back at our giant landmark. Y not?

Oh yeah, funds. Was count day good this year?

Then again, maybe a statue like that is just xmas in July for scrappers at this point :-P

How about a gigantic Godzilla statue in one of the neighborhoods that has been left to rot?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    How about a gigantic Godzilla statue in one of the neighborhoods that has been left to rot?
    Or a giant wooden Godzilla that the residents will pull into the neighborhood to marvel at. That night, a secret door in the wooden Godzilla will open up and disgorge it's contents of young eager Caucasians who will spill into the streets and begin gentrifying the houses around them.

Would the fundraiser include money for a 500 foot Red Wings jersey?

It wouldn't have to be a 500' Red Wing's jersey. Only about 250'. It needs to be a bit longer if he's standing.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    You guys are all being too harsh. This is a fantastic idea! All we have to do is pool the surplus money from the school, grass-cutting, water department, police, fire, and code enforcement budgets and we can... can... umm.... never mind.
    Maybe just put some googley eyes on the central RenCen tower and plant a few trees at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    J:, I was thinking along the same lines, a Colossus of Detroit. But I was thinking of Coleman A. Young, MFIC, as the giant figure giving the finger to all those who are heading out of town.
    Needs Hawiian shirt and must point toward 8 mile.

Better would be a 500-foot tall temple, like the Acropolis in Greece. With plywood over all the openings and maybe a tad of graffiti. Tasteful graffiti, of course.

Given that the last two movies were 2 1/2 hour infomercials for Government Motors, we could also put a few of these around town to draw in those tourists?

Guys, guys, I got the solution!

Ask the French to do it. They did it before.

Maybe make a giant sculpture of a Crisco tub and place it right next to the Joe Louis fist???

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Maybe make a giant sculpture of a Crisco tub and place it right next to the Joe Louis fist???

LMBAO....u a silly dude...

Nah, we don't need more statues and icons... to 'symbolize' or inspire anything. The inspiration cannot be of clay, iron or metal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2